X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Colony Park side mirror Gasket

Hello guys!

My side mirrors of my '87 Colony Park were stolen
    I got new (used) mirrors but it did not came with the black plastic base or gasket and without the screws. The piece what I´m looking for is similar to this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	gasket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1305072

The problem is: I´m in Chile, so this piece is hard to find in a junkyard, and the other problem is that I need the screws because we use here the metric system and the measure of these screws is hard to find too.
    Anyone know the exact name of the piece and where can I find them online?. Or if anyone has a pair available and can send them to me in an envelope, I will be very grateful!. I can pay via Paypal!

Thank you very much!

Do you still have the metal brackets with the threaded holes? I have gaskets and screws, but I don't have Paypal. WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I'd expect those screws to be metric thread. Most of the exterior body stuff was.

Mirror gasket is D9AZ-17724-A for all 80-89 Ford and Mercur full size, same gasket both sides. Quick search seems to tell me this is the gasket used on Ford trucks from 67-79, which means you have a really good chance of finding new production ones.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It is metric.

5 x .8 coarse

Attached Files
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
          Do you still have the metal brackets with the threaded holes? I have gaskets and screws, but I don't have Paypal. WagonMan
          Oh!, really?!!!
          And don´t you have any relative or friend with paypal to receive the money?. Eventually, please let me know the price!
          I have the metal brackets, one not in the best shape, but still ok...

About the screws, I asked in many hardwares, even in some "specialized in screws" and all says "we don´t sell that measure"...anyway, I prefer the originals or the most similar screws, now I even don´t have the sample of the original...

Comment

M5-.8 and then basically any length you want after that... an M5-.8x25mm will be just fine.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Who in the hell steals mirrors?
              '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
              formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

someone who needs to reflect on their choices in life.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  someone who needs to reflect on their choices in life.
                  very good.

Comment

Only awful people steal mirrors Even the mirror will not be useful for any other cars since I´m pretty sure that my Colony Park is the only "panther" in the town.

I found this dealer, and I think is the correct piece:
                    https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/...ar-view-mirror

However, they ask $60 USD for shipping to Chile for a pair of items of $7
                    Please, if anyone still can help me, I will be very grateful!!!

Comment

I would deal with Wagonman. He knows and has what you need. Many people here have been helped by him. I am sure you can somehow get the funds to him. International money order ? If all else fails, bank to bank transfer. Expensive, but it is done.
                      Those screws are easy to strip out if you do not use the right screw driver head.
                      I am sure others here would agree with me.
                      Last edited by Mainemantom; 10-27-2019, 11:46 PM.

Comment

getting those screws out is nearly impossible. I've seen it done exactly once with no effort, and thats on John's rust-free 86 two door Texas car.

Comment

or the 88 I had.... oh yeah... Texas car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                          X