1997 Volvo 850, new old friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today the Volvos story ended, for me.

A nice local fella came to check it out with a short notice and after a short test drive the deal was done.
    It was a "need" purchase, that's why the Volvo was a hard sell otherwise, no one is looking for something like it.

I must admit, I got way more attached to this shitbox than expected. I guess it's just the personality that many newer cars lack, that's why I'm having a hard time finding something that I'll really like.
    While getting another Volvo probably won't work this time, there's just something to old Volvos that I can't get anywhere else.

Godspeed, eight-fifty.
    Last edited by Arquemann; 04-19-2021, 11:27 AM.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Funny how we can get attached to the runts (so-to-speak). I replaced my beloved '78 Malibu with the '92 Ranger; because at the time, I needed a vehicle for commuting and for doing work. It was only a 3.0 with a T5; but I had a lot of fun with that truck; and it was very practical. I found myself a little more than annoyed when it was totaled.

Comment

Selling it like you tear off a band aid. Less thinking the better. I waited too long and hence the gigantic red 1988 yard ornament that I had a buyer for but I couldn't let go.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

It served you well. Now it's time to see what the replacement is...

Comment

Working...
          X