PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1997 Volvo 850, new old friend

Winter tire season is soon here, and I wanted to clean up the steelies I have studded tires on. I didn't bother even washing them before putting them away last spring, and they sat under a tarp outside all summer. Plus they weren't exactly in good shape from the beginning.
    The steelies are so rusted that they chip all around in 1-2 mil thick pieces, they need to be sandblasted to even consider painting them. I don't care about them that much, even if they are Italian made original Volvo steelies. The rusty steelies look so shit I don't want to put them even on this beater of a Volvo.

So I got these for a whopping 60€
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201018_150630.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	55028
    They are original Volvo alloys from something, pretty shoddily spray painted but supposedly round and good.
    I'll probably throw some more black paint on them and some clear coat so they'll last atleast a single winter without chipping paint.

Also I wanted to add some "contrast" on the completely stock appearance of the red brick.
    So what could I possibly add to the outside of a boxy Volvo?
    -The prancing moose
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201018_155059.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	55029
    On both sides, of course.

I've got another dumb visual mod ordered, worth about 5€.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    1997 Volvo 850 GLE Estate

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

always thought those prancing moose emblems were funny but its even more appropriate on a red brick. The Saab troll stickers are also funny.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    always thought those prancing moose emblems were funny but its even more appropriate on a red brick. The Saab troll stickers are also funny.
    Here the moose stickers are like kind of an unofficial bullshit symbol of Volvo enthusiasts, mostly the younger guys. Others might think it's dumb, and they're probably right a lot of the time. Jävla Volvoraggare

Would you like to drift around on snowy roads in an RWD brick? - I would.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    1997 Volvo 850 GLE Estate

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345