No announcement yet.

Shocks for early box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's two pictures from tonight. It sits fine.
    She definitely handles like She has a point to prove..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20191108_164202-1.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	849.2 KB
ID:	1286161
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20191108_172146.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	337.9 KB
ID:	1286162

Holy shit...the pix are straight.!! From my laptop...
    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Sharp CV ! I like how it sits. The vent visors and wind wings (vent windows) look good too

Comment

Looks good.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks. I really like this car..
          All FORD All The Time

Comment

Perfect wheel/tire combo and stance!

Not to thread jack but... Pack man- have you ridden in a car with gas adjusts and speedway springs? Are the Bilsteins worth the price?
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Turned out nice.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I little more feedback on the Speedway #925/#175 combo and KYB Gas-A Justs...
                The springs weren't as easy to put in the front as anticipated. BUT...it wasn't hard.
                Rear was probably the easiest swap ever.
                The shocks went on simply.
                I put new sway bar end links on with poly bushings because I had them laying around.
                I put about a hundred miles on today on a lot of country roads and my general consensus is..
                For this coupe, these spring rates and dampening level are pretty close to perfect.
                Steering accuracy and holding a line was really REALLY improved, as well as long travel movement from roller-style bumps and road contour.
                The car is much more 'planted' than it was with the stock springs and Monroes that were on there.
                It turns flat on fast smooth corners. I'm actually VERY surprised. This is my first panther, and I'm smiling..
                My passenger even remarked how much better the car felt than before.
                So..... There it is. My $.02 on this combo.
                I'm very glad I did it.
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

The main reason for my Speedway spring swap was for the same reasons you did; holding a straight line on the highway. I miss the riding on a cloud-couch ride; but having that car drift all over the highway without moving the steering wheel was the tipping point for me. Plus, I like when people tried to tailgate me on curvy roads and highway entrances; and watching them disappear in the rear view mirror during those attempts LOL

Comment

If you can't go straight on the highway with stock suspension, you have problems. Yes its mushy, but these things absolutely hold a straight line if the parts aren't shot.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Yes its mushy, but these things absolutely hold a straight line if the parts aren't shot.
                      THAT was my cars problem...
                      Last edited by sly; 11-14-2019, 06:13 PM. Reason: fixed formatting
                      All FORD All The Time

Comment

I would find out after yanking the lopo years later, that the idler arm was rattling around. That might have been the problem. I'll find out if anything changed when I get the car running again.

Comment

That will do it. Idler arm, pitman, and tie rod ends are the usual major causes for "goes wherever the F it wants to". Control arm bushings can be pretty shot and it still goes OK, just gets extra mushy.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                          X