No announcement yet.

2001 MGM LS Misfire Codes P0301,P0302, and P0308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an fyi, there was a member of a few mustang forums named CliffyK who did a lot of testing with 2v coils. He concluded that most off the off brand ones were made either at the same factory in China or the oem design was copied by many different manufacturers.

And for what its worth World Products makes the oem coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
      Just an fyi, there was a member of a few mustang forums named CliffyK who did a lot of testing with 2v coils. He concluded that most off the off brand ones were made either at the same factory in China or the oem design was copied by many different manufacturers.

And for what its worth World Products makes the oem coils.

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Iron jaw View Post
        Hello all,

I have all three codes and have changed all the spark plugs, the Coil Packs associated with the three cylinder codes, and the fuel filter, and idle air valve.

I still get a check engine light and stuttered performance. Feels like a power loss when driving. The car has 99,000 miles and has sat for at least three years. But was well maintained. I’ve changed the oil and filter, air filter, PCV valve, intake manifold and antifreeze. The hoses are in good condition.

I’ve taken the car for 10 minute interval drives never getting above 65 MPH. The check engine lights comes on and flashes almost immediately. There is a good amount of smoke but I’m assuming that is to be expected considering how long it has set.

Thanks,
        Iron Jaw

Maybe I'm off, but you said white smoke, and it doesn't smell badly you said.... could that be coolant? Does it smell sweet? Was there anti-freeze in the car when you changed it, or was it just water?

Comment

Working...
        X