Hello from South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from South Dakota

Hi there. 02 MGM. Owned since Dec 18. My son drives it. Nice car, started knocking and needed some engine swap info. Found this place so we'll see how much more info I can dig up. Have an HVAC issue too but can wait a little since it blows heat all the time, HAHA....

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your engine problems.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hi and Welcome, most of if not all of what you want to know can be found searching threads here or from our helpful members.

Good luck with the project.
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Welcome!

If it has the Electronic Automatic Temperature Control and it keeps defaulting to defrost, you most likely have bad orings in the vacuum actuator assembly. Not as easy to replace on '02- so I replaced the actuator assembly with an '03+ assembly in my '97 EATC control head (in my '91 MGM).
        Fairly easy swap if you're not a stranger to wiring (and even then it's not that hard). When I get home late tonight I can try to find the details if that is your problem.
        The old assemblies have a single power and ground for each of the four actuators (8 pin connector) while the newer have a 5 pin connector (power for each actuator and shared ground if I remember right).
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Thanks guys.

Vic, it blows heat all the time, and stuck on panel I think. I'll have to dig into it once we get it running again.

Comment

Sounds like a couple of issues.
            Stuck on heat could be the blend door actuator (BDA) stopped working, blend door broken on its hinge, or I suppose the control head/button/knob (depending on if you have EATC or manual controls). My first thought is BDA.
            Stuck on panel could be a broken mode door, which would be just as much not fun to fix as the BDA or blend door. Although if it is the orings in the actuator assembly in the control head, which control the mode door(s?), that is a walk in the park by comparison. I'm not familiar with the manual control head and how it controls mode doors, the orings in the actuator assembly is the EATC setup, not sure if it applies on the manual control setup.

Good luck with the engine swap. Once that is done and you're ready to tackle the heat issue we'll get you through it. At least it's stuck on heat, so it's not terribly urgent.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
            X