Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulling every last strand of wiring out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling every last strand of wiring out...

I’ve been spending some time harvesting the dash and wiring from my ‘89 parts car for my 85 Tudor. I’ll be pulling every single wire out of this thing, front to back, top to bottom. If anybody wants any pictures of anything, let me know. I have the dash/wiring out and everything under hood has been pulled too. I need to finish pulling the HVAC boxes, column and pedal assembly, then I can move on to pulling seats and carpet and finish removing all the wiring.

FWIW, I absolutely HATE that there is not a 1pc dash frame AND, no connectors to separate the dash wiring from the underhood harnesses. I may do something about the lack of connectors down the road-before installing it into my ‘85. Again, if anybody wants specific pictures of anything, let me know and I’ll make it happen.
    '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Ever removed the doors? Trust me, the lack of connectors makes that job a whole lot more sucky than it needs to be. Lincoln doors are even worse, I have power seat control wires as well.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I actually read a thread here recently about that. When I mate the coupe door wiring with the ‘89’s harness, I will be putting connectors in behind the kick panels.
      '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Working...
      X