X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures uploading and displaying sideways

Hey ya'll...
    Any idea how to fix this.?
    I've saved my pictures on my phone sideways and they STILL come up sideways after upload.
    I've saved them to my laptop first.... STILL sideways.
    How can I go in...edit my post...and turn them.?
    MAKES ME CRAZY....
    Thanks.
    All FORD All The Time

How was the picture taken Landscape = sideways aka widescreen or portrait narrow?

I think if you taken it in portrait view Narrow mode it will show up that way.

But if you mean you taken it either way and now when you post them the picture is showing up clocked in the wrong position like you would have to lay down on your side to see it correctly that is orientation normally corrected with some sort of photo editor and saved to overwrite or save as a new file.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I've taken pix so far in every mode available on this phone.... post them...they show up sideways.
      I've saved them on my laptop and edited them. Upload them here....Sideways.
      All BS aside it's not a big deal but It'd be nice to share this stuff without crooking everybody's neck to see it.
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
        I've taken pix so far in every mode available on this phone.... post them...they show up sideways.
        I've saved them on my laptop and edited them. Upload them here....Sideways.
        All BS aside it's not a big deal but It'd be nice to share this stuff without crooking everybody's neck to see it.
        Hi what kind of phone are you using? perhaps it may have something a photo setting default.

Comment

I had the same problem sometimes when uploading pictures to eBay,But with their photo editor it is easy to rotate them to the correct orientation this site has no such editor that noticed.

Are you sure when you edit and rotate the image that your saving them as a different photo or overwriting them? you may be saving the corrected image as a different file but may be uploading the uncorrected image.

here is a link that may help

http://rotatemailer.com/sideways-pictures.html

Comment

I have the same problem with my iPhone. I started using tapatalk app for posting pics.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That rotatemailer info is good info. I never knew that the position of the iphone with the button on the right keeps the picture in the proper position. Thanks
              Now downloading pictures stored on my computer that look correct, into this site is a different story. Sometimes they download right, other times not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                That rotatemailer info is good info. I never knew that the position of the iphone with the button on the right keeps the picture in the proper position. Thanks
                Now downloading pictures stored on my computer that look correct, into this site is a different story. Sometimes they download right, other times not.
                I think it has to do with how the picture was taken originally, I have gone out of my way to make sure I edited a picture with the orientation the way I wanted it saved it to my PC or Ipad etc delete the original pic. post it on a site like eBay and have it show up the way it was taken and need to be rotated again.
                It is frustrating especially if the site your posting on does not have a photo editor.

I will add since I now always keep my white button on my phone correct like mentioned in the link I do not have any problems posting pictures or videos.
                I bet if someone here asked their 4 year old kid how to fix this issue it would be a no brainier for them. LOL

Comment

Yes it is amazing how the young people are so fast and tech savvy in fixing stuff. Now, if they would not get indoctrinated with evil stuff in public schools, they might turn out ok.

Comment

Not so much young people fixing stuff, BUT photos I take with my samsung phone, how I hold the phone is how they end up uploading unless I break out my ancient photo editor that strips all exif data and flip it in there. Newer paint programs seem to retain the data and when uploaded, the bb software flips it the wrong way 'round again.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                    X