Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frequent server too busy or other errors not allowing use of site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    I haven't gotten any of those problems in a very long time, so in classic tech support response "the problem appears to be on your end".

try some other browser, I dunno. I run Firefox.
    Well at least that I something, thanks I will give it a try.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I have not been able to log on all morning , I tried with bing, Google chrome and firefox all said server too busy. I also tried on my ipad using safari
      so I am pretty sure the issue is not on my end.

Comment

I've also had trouble today, mostly the usual "server too busy" but for a couple of hours I saw this completely different error that I've never seen before, it didn't even load the top part of the website.
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
        1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Yeah... it caught me out last night with the server too busy issue. This also happened a few years ago for several months. There's a theory that the host finally made whatever customer on the server was hogging resources pay for a private server or moved them to another higher tier shared server. We may be dealing with this issue again. When it gets real bad you'll get a page that doesn't have any GMN info or logos at all and says database error. That's when the host server itself is under so much load that it can't respond to the web requests. I've actually logged into the web host and checked server loads during these times and our server has almost no load on the server. But since the host can't allow users to see other users, we can't see who is actually bogging down the server.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It must be a millennial forum LOL.

Comment

I normally come on here when I go out for a smoke and try to log on, Today again to no surprise is has been a real pain to get logged in. keeps showing server too busy. I sure wish there was something I could do to fix it.

Comment

I must be on at the right times. usually anytime from 4-10pm eastern, and it doesn't give me trouble. What time of day and what timezone are you having issues? Might help narrow down the problem
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

normally like clock work around 4-5 A.M EST I always get server too busy ( I normally chalk that up to maintenance ) because it is the same time each day. but lately it has been happening even until 12 noon sometimes I can get logged on type up a post hit reply then I get server too busy then basically get kicked out.
                  Most of the time I just get server too busy or other errors. In the afternoon to evening hours it seems to work fine.

Comment

I wasn't seeing when this thread started, but the last couple days it has been erroring frequently.
                    Around 5pm EST and again at 6:30.
                    11:30 am the other day, and most if the day today. Happening on different devices and networks.
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Pegged me at 6:10pm (so 7:10pm EST) but was done by 6:30.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So far this evening, since my previous post in this thread, it has been normal (good, no errors), but all day today, off and on, I kept running into the server too busy message.
                        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I've been getting it a lot... it has kept me off here quite a bit lately. Mornings..0830ish.. evenings..1730ish...
                          All FORD All The Time

Comment

So far I haven't seen the error today.
                            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Today I did not log on as early as I normally do but so far knock on wood the site has been working great here as well.

Comment

so it seems no particular pattern. The backup runs at 2 am I think but I'd have to check that. I set it for whenever the lowest traffic was but that was a while ago.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X