Exhaust done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust done!

I just picked up my car from teh exhaust shop...

I now have full 2.5" exhaust, side exits (looks great on a 2dr) and 18" glasspacks...

I still run the off-road H-pipe and shorty headers...

Pics coming tonight. It sounds relatively tame compared to the old glasspacks when i was still a 2bbl motor, but give it time, they will wear out :evil:

I also decided against putting chrome tips on it. I am going to paint the pipes and hangers with BBQ black, so they remain hidden..
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Sounds cool!

Comment

Awesome! Chrome tips would look nice, but your idea fits your car perfect.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Yeah, gotta love the blacked out look
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Sweet mang. Im gonna run Glasspacks on mine too I think. I need to get off my ass and find a jobs :noes:
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

waaaahoooo i'll be honored when i get to see GMGT!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
            Originally posted by GMGT
            you mangwhore

resident sniper expert

Comment

Converting the TC to duals with 12" glasspacks is the best mod I've made so far. Actually, looking back on life, it's probably the best decision I've made yet...........

Black pipes? That original. Can't wait to see pics.
              Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

I love the look of black side exits. I saw them on a few novas and other GM cars. IMO they look even better if they are like 3-3.5" big.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

How bad are glasspacks on the highway? I need to use my Merk for 3hr rides @ 70-80mph getting to and from school and I cant afford to blow out my ear drums. On the other hand, these super turbos coupled with a 4-cat stock h-pipe are way to fukkin quiet for my tastes. I might pickup a used H-pipe w/o cats and see how that livens up the sound.
                  -Matt
                  1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

If you want loud in 1st and 2nd and mellow in 3rd and 4th, go with Thrush Turbo muffs. Of course, my Vic has no cats so that makes 'em a little louder.
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

pics!!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

and updated sound bytes!!!!!!!!
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

:picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst: :picsorst:
                          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                          1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                          1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Working...
                          X