No announcement yet.

Headlights for an 89 Town car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought four H4656 bulbs. Should I have only purchased two? And then two H4651? Thanks.

Comment

Yeah... outers are the dual beam (3-pin) and the inners are high beam only (2-pin)... unless modifications have been done

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I think it will work, but you will have one pin on the inners with no wire in the harness connector.

Since others have said that these lights might not last so long, as a result of the increased brightness, the bulbs you got are actually the ones most likely to burn a filament out first (at least in my experience the Hi beam only bulbs don't seem to burn out as often), so end up buying the Hi beam only bulbs as well, it's always good to have spares of the Hi/Lo bulbs.
        Last edited by VicCrownVic; 10-29-2019, 11:57 PM.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

The hi-only lamps last just about forever. I replaced the original plastic lens lights in my 86 Towncar probably around 2014. I always figured I'd replace them when they were the worst looking part of the car, and after it got painted they were.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            Yeah... outers are the dual beam (3-pin) and the inners are high beam only (2-pin)... unless modifications have been done
            Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
            X