No announcement yet.

My new 1989 Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That's a nice rust free find! Thanks for the pics.

It's been so long since I've had the original front end on my car I forgot that the original bumper had such an "under bite". I figured it was just a weirdness of bolting on the '87 bumper and header panel. Looks like the mounts of the 88+ are just sticking out further than the 87- counterparts.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

My family had the 82 LTD for 7 years before we got the first 89. Then had them side-by-side for 2 years. At first, I didn't like the changes in 1988. I initially thought that Ford was being too derivative of the Cadillac Seville. But, the look grew on me and after we had that first 89 for a while I was just fine with it. On the Grand Marquis side, I like the 88 to 91 a bit better than the 87 and earlier and that has been true since the first 88 that I saw....the brown one in the movie Red Heat.
      David
      1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX
      14 previous Panthers, gone but not forgotten....

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
        I have a full size spare cover and it has the jacking instructions decal on the bottom side. I also have the black plastic plug you are missing on the front of the intake plenum. WagonMan
        I see that a busy server cut out my reply the other day.

I am interested in those items....may be a little while though, as money is pretty tight right now
        David

Comment

Great. You can contact me at VEIGHTPETE@GMAIL.COM WagonMan
          89 Colony Park
          90 Colony Park
          70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Got my New York plates and registration. My temporary tag from Ohio cost $18.50 six weeks ago and I was determined to get my money's worth out of it. LOL
            David

Comment

Working...
            X