No announcement yet.

Water in the trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to take the car to storage today.
    I dried the trunk as best I could, placed back the dried carpets and lining.

It'll stay in storage until April most likely. The place is indoors, warm and ventilated. I left the front windows slightly open and removed the trunk seal, so it'll truly dry out and stay dry.
    I have the seal with me so I have am example when I go looking for a new one.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

if you can leave the trunk open completely that would help a lot. Pull the lamp if you aren't unhooking the battery.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        if you can leave the trunk open completely that would help a lot. Pull the lamp if you aren't unhooking the battery.
        Yeah, would've been better but even though it's a space for friends & family cars, I had to show some moderation. I have a milk crate of parts in the trunk anyways. Spare grille, old alternator, headlights, sill plates and such. And so did pretty much everyone else.

Battery was of course removed completely and the trunk light never worked anyways.
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
        1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

If you can, put a bag or two of charcoal in the trunk which should help abosrb moisture from the air - my grandparents did that every year with the oven in their summer-only cottage.

Comment

Working...
          X