Removed chime module, now car is rattling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removed chime module, now car is rattling

I removed my chime module from behind the climate control unit to make it louder. I put it back in and it's working great, but when I drive there is a very loud rattle coming from what sounds like the front passenger side. It only happens while the car is moving, both forward and in reverse. Could I have accidentally unhooked a wire or vacuum line that could cause that issue or is it just a coincidence and I should be looking at something else?

can't imagine how the chime could possibly be related to a noise in the front passenger side unless you didn't screw the dash trim parts back in place. Is this noise inside or outside of the cabin?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got it figured out. The timing was just a coincidence. Apparently the previous owner, or whoever he has do his brakes, decided they didn't need to tighten the caliper bolts at all. One worked itself out and was hitting the inside of the wheel. Thanks for the response though

Comment

oh thats fun. I had a caliper bolt fall out of mine. My own fault, must not have gotten it tight. I found it in a rest stop somewhere between NJ and Chicago when the wheel locked up hard pulling into a parking spot. It was the lower bolt and the caliper wedged out against the rim. Ended up just swapping the upper bolt to the lower position since the upper bolt being missing wouldn't let the caliper wedge the wheel and finished my trip. Would have not been fun if that thing had locked up at highway speed.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X