WTB Fuel sending unit for an 89 Colony park wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Fuel sending unit for an 89 Colony park wagon

I never thought I would not have this in my stock of parts! I bought a rust free 89 Wagon and the gas gauge doesn't work. I pulled the sending unit out and the contact inside is eroded off! I have a 90-91 sending unit but it is different because they changed the gauges,(fits but doesn't read correctly). Anyone have one to sell or suggestions on where to get mine repaired? WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

I’d guess you can use sedan parts on the wagon housing. Or possibly transfer the resistance board from the 89 to the 90-91 unit?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

The 89 is metal with a contact that sweeps in an arc. The 90-91 is a square plastic piece, totally different. Sedans have the sending unit incorporated with the pump. The wagon has a separate unit. WagonMan
      89 Colony Park
      90 Colony Park

Comment

http://tristarrradiator.com/index.html

Comment

Quick update. I forgot the 89 and down sedans have a separate sender from the pump,(I'm getting old!). I took an 89 SEDAN sending unit and tweaked the pipe the resister sits on to match the wagon sender. I then lengthened the swing arm to match the wagons. Works perfect! WagonMan
          Last edited by WagonMan; 11-09-2019, 04:40 PM.
          89 Colony Park
          90 Colony Park

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X