No announcement yet.

My 85' Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowing Tom, he probably picked it up while in California. The reason you don't seen them with out rear defrost, Derek, is because of where we live. It would be unimaginable to order a car without that feature around here.
    Kind of like how no AC is a thing around here, but unimaginable the further south you go.

1985crownvicltd85, the car looks great. Nice color combo of black with red interior.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

The 90 CV was a San Diego County Sheriff Department Patrol car. Whoever ordered it had their finger on the delete option button. In San Diego vehicles don't need rear window defrosters. I bought the car in about 2003. Had it shipped with 6 others to Maine in 07. I needed to replace the horizontal trim panels on the dash.Original had dents and holes in it. Never have been able to find a good panel without the defroster button. When the factory makes the panels, the back plastic is all the same with numerous holes. The difference is the covering. Mine originally had a covering that had no holes. For each option, a different covering is made. So the car now has a perfect panel with a non working defroster button. Unless it is in a points judging show (which it wont) no one will know or care. It sure looks nice now.
      Last edited by Mainemantom; 03-27-2021, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I imagine fleet orders had a lot more flexibility in what you could de-select too.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          ...Had it shipped with 6 others to Maine in 07...
          Ballin'! I'm doing it wrong.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Just don't hire "United Road" They "forgot" two others in Ca. They damaged three of seven. Driver made it cross country in 3 days. Slightly over hours on his long book ! He admitted he was using two logbooks. But that is another story for another time.

Comment

Oh jeebus, what a debacle..
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

"team driving" ? Probably a lot more possible in the days of paper logs, now with electronic nanny boxes its a lot more difficult to cheat that stuff. 'course that happened because of people driving for way too many hours, nodding off, and running people over so I get it.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No just a single driver. Even with two drivers, it could not be done legally in 3 days. Now years ago I saw quite a few trucks with "foreign" drivers that had more than two drivers in a truck. It technically could be done then.Toilet was a sliding panel that opens down to the outside. GROSS. That KW truck was going 24/7. They would cook their food in the truck. Truck would reek of curry.

Comment

Thats why I put that in quotes. One driver, two books, split road time across the cheat sheets to make it come out right. Skip told me he used to do that, on paper he and his wife would do cross-country runs, but in reality she never left the house.

Comment

In CA depending upon the county the ticket was written in, that little trick would cost the driver $1500 plus a hit on his commercial license, and 24 hours "Out of Service". Then of course the the truck should be looked at too. Darn it, It is "Out of Service"for mechanical violations. All written to the driver .Oh but wait, there could be more... If the driver lies, I keep writing until I get the truth. I tell the driver that too. Amazing how that works.

Comment

A month ago this guy asked to take pictures of my car, heres a link to his post on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQpAYc2l...dium=copy_link

Comment

I guess if a person does not have Instagram, they can't see it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                            I guess if a person does not have Instagram, they can't see it ?
                            I don't think you can see that on mobile. Worked for me atleast on desktop.
                            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                            1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0335.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1289497

Last year I installed a Lares 1603 steering box from RockAuto, It recently started to leak and felt "loose" Today I installed the police steering box and did a string alignment, took it down the road and it was a night and day difference, felt a lot tighter and more responsive.

Comment

sad fact is that a lot of "reman" boxes are just washed, re-sealed, and painted. Its still a worn out box inside. Racks are the same. I've changed both and found that what I put on wasn't really any better than what I took off.

Comment

Working...
                                X