No announcement yet.

My 85' Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive replaced both racks and boxes (at work) and unfortunately you're right. I just hope I get more than a year out of this one.

Comment

Same goes for A/C compressors too.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	1289665

The aftermath

Comment

Nice. Been there before:

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

After replacing the body bushings I added "ditch" lights. Here are the results.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0339.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1289675Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0340.jpg
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1289676

Comment

Lights look good

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Don't thank me
                  thank yourself
                  you're the one who installed them lol

Comment

Just now came across your thread and I gotta say, WOW! I really like it. Im jealous of the pinstripe, mine is basically gone. Great work with the body bushings and all the steering stuff as well. I love the speedo! Really cool car. I'm glad to see a CV version two door out on the road, and in great condition to boot!
                    1985 2-Door: CFI, K&N Filter, Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake, E7 Heads, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, E-Fan, 3G Alternator, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, Rear Lowering Springs, KYB Front Shocks, Front Lowering Springs, FTI 2400 Stall Converter, PA Performance Valve Body, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear, Eaton LSD Differential - I own the fastest CFI powered box to the 1/8th mile: 9.658@70.74mph
                    1991 4-Door (Dad's Car): Pro-M EFI, 306ci, Forged Pistons, Ford Racing Aluminum Heads, COMP XE264HR cam, Cobra 1.7 Rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 Intake, 30lb. Injectors, Custom 65mm TB/EGR Spacer, Pro-M 75mm MAF, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Custom Summit H-pipe, Walker Mufflers, Jegs Built AOD, Roadrunner 3000 Stall Converter, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear - Best 1/8th mile time: 9.76@72.03

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      Same goes for A/C compressors too.
                      I found an NOS FS6 compressor cheap and have it on the shelf as a spare for the Towncar and the Conti. Been down the reman path. The one on the Townie sounds like a dying air raid siren. The one it replaced lasted about a year before losing it's seals. The used original 1986 compressor I stuck on the Conti is perfectly quiet and works fantastic.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
                        After replacing the body bushings I added "ditch" lights. Here are the results.
                        Ditch lights are awesome. One of my cues for a higher optioned vehicle.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        I found an NOS FS6 compressor cheap and have it on the shelf as a spare for the Towncar and the Conti. Been down the reman path. The one on the Townie sounds like a dying air raid siren. The one it replaced lasted about a year before losing it's seals. The used original 1986 compressor I stuck on the Conti is perfectly quiet and works fantastic.
                        That's just so sad, that searching for NOS parts is what we're reduced to. I *think* there was a time when remanned stuff wasn't complete shit.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

approaching the point where I'm willing to do my own reman work. If its going to be a piece of shit, at least it won't be an expensive piece of shit.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            approaching the point where I'm willing to do my own reman work. If its going to be a piece of shit, at least it won't be an expensive piece of shit.
                            LOL.

I think remans have dropped in quality but I'm not so sure old remans were that good either. I'm guilty of turning in the worst core that probably isn't going to be rebuildable. I bet I'm not the only one. The parts store folk don't seem to care any more.
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I saw a post from a year or two ago you made about using Eastern Catalytic part number 30205 for the driver’s side cat replacement. Did this work ok with the heat riser valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I still havent put the cats on yet, so i cant say.

Comment

Working...
                                X