Wire tuck engine bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire tuck engine bay?

I was wondering if anybody has ever wire tucked their panther? I was just looking under the hood of the parts car wondering why all that space in the fenders was wasted. I was even considering hiding the vacuum can behind the wheel arch, inside the fender. Possibly even find a washer bottle that may fit in there. I’m not looking at putting together a show car with “The Beast”, but it’s all going to be out anyway.
    '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

It does look really nice at the end, but i've never been one who really cares what an engine bay looks like, long as the right stuff is in there and it works. That said, if you have it apart anyway, and have the time and patience, I reckon it would be worth the trouble. I do wonder though, would it be a bitch to get at all that stuff if ever something went wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by sick88tbird View Post
      I was wondering if anybody has ever wire tucked their panther? I was just looking under the hood of the parts car wondering why all that space in the fenders was wasted. I was even considering hiding the vacuum can behind the wheel arch, inside the fender. Possibly even find a washer bottle that may fit in there. I’m not looking at putting together a show car with “The Beast”, but it’s all going to be out anyway.

If you do this job I suggest making sure it runs great and everything functions, Plan the new routing, extend the harness reconnect it and make sure everything still functions properly. ( then continue with your project, wrap and tuck the new modified harness )

It would be nice if you could score another same year OEM harness to harvest the extra wiring from for the extension so you end up with matching gauge and color coded wiring.
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I’m hoping my ‘85 chassis harness has enough similar colored/sized wiring to repurpose, if need be. My thinking is, jam it all in and hope for the best! Lol, no, any wiring that needs to be modified would be checked with a DVOM to verify no issues. This isn’t a “right now” project, but while stripping the parts car down, I just got to staring at things and thinking...possibly even add some speed holes to the inside of the fender structure.
        '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Maybe the ol' Flanders-mobile could use some speed holes. Hahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
            Maybe the ol' Flanders-mobile could use some speed holes. Hahahahaha!
            Lol, classic!

Comment

Working...
            X