Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 MGM radiator capacity (5.0)

Gents,
    How many quarts of coolant does my radiator hold?
    Its five years since I changed the coolant and want to p/u the correct amount of gallons for the job.

Should I go with 50-50 pre-mix?

Thanks

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
    Gents,
    How many quarts of coolant does my radiator hold?
    Its five years since I changed the coolant and want to p/u the correct amount of gallons for the job.

Should I go with 50-50 pre-mix?

Thanks
    According to the site I provided a link below to it shows this for cooling system capacity
    12.6 liter / 13.3 U.S. qt / 11.1 imp. qt

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/o...is_4-door.html

I like to use distilled water with any cooling system ( what type of water are you paying for with the 50/50 Mix ? )
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Forgot to mention that I use "No-Rosion" when I re fill. LOL.......the Prestone says water is RO.
      Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
      According to the site I provided a link below to it shows this for cooling system capacity
      12.6 liter / 13.3 U.S. qt / 11.1 imp. qt

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/o...is_4-door.html

I like to use distilled water with any cooling system ( what type of water are you paying for with the 50/50 Mix ? )

Comment

No-Rosin sounds like some good stuff.
        2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

If just refilling after replacing parts... typically 2 gallons of 50/50 is enough. If a complete engine replace and empty heater core... 3 gallons and you'll have some left over. My 93 with the F150 dual core radiator takes 3 full gallons on a radiator replacement (heater core not drained and some left in the block). So you shouldn't need any more than 3 gallons. I use 50/50 for convenience. If you have a spare container to mix in, distilled water and concentrate will save some cash unless you value your time.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

About 2 gallons for a drain and refill is my experience. 50/50 or just buy one gallon of full strength and a gallon of distilled water. usually costs less, but Harbor Freight usually has premix for basically the same price I can make it myself. Go in with a 20% off and you're good. If not in a hurry and its not a waste of fuel, go twice and use the discount each time. Threre is always one on their webpage.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks guys!!.............greatly appreciate the education. Just want to say that No-Rosion is a fabulous product, it should be on everyone's short list of must haves when dealing with automotive cooling systems.

Comment

Working...
              X