New to the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
    I knew your screen name looked familiar, Im on Ford forums as well. Welcome!

Did you figure out the vacuum hose routing for the ltd? Someone here will probably know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I haven't gotten that squared away yet. I'm still wrestling with a screwy wiper motor and a leaking fuel line. I have discovered, though, that I appear to lack sufficient strength to bend 3/8 steel line without a tool, and I don't feel like spending $100 on one right now. Trying to develop an alternative strategy for the meantime so I can actually fill that 21gal tank without it leaking down to the halfway point. Patched one leaky spot, and that effort caused a new spot to leak. Same happened with the brake line that runs along it, so I should have seen that coming.
    1978 Ford LTD wagon, 351M
    1979 Mercury Marquis, 351W
    1987 Ford F-250 HD 4x4, 460, 4-speed, reg cab full bed
    2003 Mercury Marauder, 4.6L DOHC, JLT CAI, 4.10 gears, J-mod, custom tune

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      I like your wagon. I JUST sold my 75 Ford LTD and most of the spare parts went with it. Had the car since 1991. Yours looks in good shape. Get as many spare parts as possible (especially inside arm rest plastic sections ) Getting harder to find. Wish I knew your problem with vacuum. The Ford shop manuals went with the car. I do have dash pads !
      I know the feeling with body/interior parts. I've been trying to find a new driver door armrest for a while. I've found a few, but none that match the interior. On the plus side, I did manage to score a full set of NOS door panels. I'll be looking forward to those getting installed once the weatherstripping is replaced.
      1978 Ford LTD wagon, 351M
      1979 Mercury Marquis, 351W
      1987 Ford F-250 HD 4x4, 460, 4-speed, reg cab full bed
      2003 Mercury Marauder, 4.6L DOHC, JLT CAI, 4.10 gears, J-mod, custom tune

Comment

Originally posted by ledzilla View Post
        I know the feeling with body/interior parts. I've been trying to find a new driver door armrest for a while. I've found a few, but none that match the interior. On the plus side, I did manage to score a full set of NOS door panels. I'll be looking forward to those getting installed once the weatherstripping is replaced.
        You can always use SEM vinyl paint made to the proper color or they have premade that is close. I have used it often. You may have to primer the spare part first.
        Another way of keeping the armrests together is to fiberglass the inside. That old plastic is really brittle.

Comment

Anybody notice we've been getting a lot of new members lately? This is a beautiful thing and i hope it continues.

Comment

Working...
          X