PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: New to the Forum

  1. #1

    Default New to the Forum

    Hello. My name is Mike, and I just joined up. I've been a Panther owner since 1997, and recently picked up my third.

    My first was my 1988 Town Car (only digital photo I can find right now is a scan of a photography class assignment):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asmt08_003.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	52992

    It was replaced by my second, a 2003 Mercury Marauder:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0511191442.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	52993

    And this past weekend I acquired this 1979 Mercury Marquis Brougham:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1103191830b.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	52994

    These last two get to enjoy sitting side-by-side in my garage, and I'm hoping to have them running for a long time to come (once the 79 is up and running again).

  2. #2
    Beater gonna beat sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    21,237

    Default

    Nice. Welcome to the forums.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

  3. #3
    Wagon Addicted Tiggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bedford, VA
    Posts
    5,264

    Default

    I really like the lower trim on the higher trim 79 Mercs. Got plans for it? 302 or 351 car?
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

    GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

  4. #4
    Approaching 2 decades of DDing Box Panthers VicCrownVic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shelby Township, MI
    Posts
    2,922

    Default

    Welcome!

    Very cool set of Panthers there.
    Vic

    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - returning summer 2020, I finally have an engine
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - My rotting winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic


  5. #5
    fomoco panthers !
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bangor,Maine
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Nice cars. What year and model hubcaps are on that Towncar. They look like 50s vintage Lincoln. Do you need any parts for your 79 Merc ?

  6. #6
    GMN Regular DerekTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    5,649

    Default

    Welcome to the Forum!

    Nice poverty Townie! I dig the wheel covers on it. I like the Bro-Ham too. Need more pics.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

  7. #7
    Member clutch47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    near Knoebels Grove amusement park
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Welcome. Nice cars. LOTS of info and guidance here.
    All FORD All The Time

  8. #8
    I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Awesome trio of panthers! Welcome to the forums, we look forward to spending car-time with you.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    I really like the lower trim on the higher trim 79 Mercs. Got plans for it? 302 or 351 car?
    It has a 351W in it. Planning on keeping it in there and eventually beefing it up.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Nice cars. What year and model hubcaps are on that Towncar. They look like 50s vintage Lincoln. Do you need any parts for your 79 Merc ?
    They are indeed 50's, but they're Mercury wheel covers. My grandfather gave them to me a long time ago, and I used them on the TC after a few of it's originals disappeared. They looked pretty good on it. Still have those wheel covers (sure as heck wasn't going to sell off the car with them still on it), and I still have the last two remaining original covers for it, too. As for the 79, I'm still digging through the car and figuring out what it needs. The body and interior are in great shape, though, but I'll probably be looking for a few interior mechanical parts. The locks seem funky so far, but I'll know more hopefully soon.
    Last edited by ledzilla; 11-08-2019 at 02:55 PM.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Welcome to the Forum!

    Nice poverty Townie! I dig the wheel covers on it. I like the Bro-Ham too. Need more pics.
    Planning on taking more photos once I have an opportunity to do it with some daylight. Only get light on one side of the garage otherwise. Pretty limited until I can get it running again, though.
    Last edited by ledzilla; 11-08-2019 at 02:56 PM.

  12. #12
    Member EaOutlaw1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    West lake Worth Florida ( Palm Beach County )
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Welcome love the pictures
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

  13. #13

    Default

    Oh, and while it's not a Panther, I also have this 78 LTD wagon I'm working on. Unlike the 79, it's in running condition, but still needs some work. It's loaded up with a 351M and a class II tow package. Working on securing a C-6 and 9" rear for it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wagon_angled.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	52997

  14. #14

    Default

    I knew your screen name looked familiar, Im on Ford forums as well. Welcome!

    Did you figure out the vacuum hose routing for the ltd? Someone here will probably know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    fomoco panthers !
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bangor,Maine
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ledzilla View Post
    Oh, and while it's not a Panther, I also have this 78 LTD wagon I'm working on. Unlike the 79, it's in running condition, but still needs some work. It's loaded up with a 351M and a class II tow package. Working on securing a C-6 and 9" rear for it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wagon_angled.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	52997
    I like your wagon. I JUST sold my 75 Ford LTD and most of the spare parts went with it. Had the car since 1991. Yours looks in good shape. Get as many spare parts as possible (especially inside arm rest plastic sections ) Getting harder to find. Wish I knew your problem with vacuum. The Ford shop manuals went with the car. I do have dash pads !

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
    I knew your screen name looked familiar, Im on Ford forums as well. Welcome!

    Did you figure out the vacuum hose routing for the ltd? Someone here will probably know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I haven't gotten that squared away yet. I'm still wrestling with a screwy wiper motor and a leaking fuel line. I have discovered, though, that I appear to lack sufficient strength to bend 3/8 steel line without a tool, and I don't feel like spending $100 on one right now. Trying to develop an alternative strategy for the meantime so I can actually fill that 21gal tank without it leaking down to the halfway point. Patched one leaky spot, and that effort caused a new spot to leak. Same happened with the brake line that runs along it, so I should have seen that coming.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    I like your wagon. I JUST sold my 75 Ford LTD and most of the spare parts went with it. Had the car since 1991. Yours looks in good shape. Get as many spare parts as possible (especially inside arm rest plastic sections ) Getting harder to find. Wish I knew your problem with vacuum. The Ford shop manuals went with the car. I do have dash pads !
    I know the feeling with body/interior parts. I've been trying to find a new driver door armrest for a while. I've found a few, but none that match the interior. On the plus side, I did manage to score a full set of NOS door panels. I'll be looking forward to those getting installed once the weatherstripping is replaced.

  18. #18
    fomoco panthers !
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bangor,Maine
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ledzilla View Post
    I know the feeling with body/interior parts. I've been trying to find a new driver door armrest for a while. I've found a few, but none that match the interior. On the plus side, I did manage to score a full set of NOS door panels. I'll be looking forward to those getting installed once the weatherstripping is replaced.
    You can always use SEM vinyl paint made to the proper color or they have premade that is close. I have used it often. You may have to primer the spare part first.
    Another way of keeping the armrests together is to fiberglass the inside. That old plastic is really brittle.

  19. #19
    I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Anybody notice we've been getting a lot of new members lately? This is a beautiful thing and i hope it continues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
GMN Approved Links!


www.rockauto.com www.adtr.net