N00b and thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N00b and thanks

I needed a second car and spent waaay too much time researching for something that would meet my needs. In the end it was a 2002 MGM. 148k. I have been on this site almost daily reading everything I could. I decided the Merc was the best choice based on what I read here. I also used the site to get the needed maintenance and repairs done; so thanks....

Here’s what I’ve done so far,

New wiper motor, new blend door motor, new Moog springs all four, new KYB shocks, gear oil, trans filter and flush with a dorman pan so future flushes are easier, oil and filter, plugs, air filter, inner right fender, battery terminals, driver door bushings, 4 wheel brakes, injectors cleaned. The car is from Texas and looks good underneath. The rest of the car is clean and there are a few odds and ends I still want to address. Those will be future posts. Glad to be here and thanks for the great tech posts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	29D63D1D-4848-42B9-A1C0-D5C5B95CAB58.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	1305100Click image for larger version

Name:	6D4F50AE-ED84-4136-A9DA-49D54F080624.jpeg
Size:	4.23 MB
ID:	1305101Click image for larger version

Name:	66889783-8C37-465D-9C4D-D802B7071BCA.jpeg
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	1305102

Welcome, congratulations on scoring a vehicle that makes you happy. it looks like a pretty clean ride. I like the color combination.
    Good luck with it.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Welcome. Nice ride. That red pops!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome!

An MGM LSE!? Nice! It looks amazing.
        It sounds like you've had a great start with this car so far.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Thanks all. Yes an LSE. Also did flush and fill with thermostat, coil packs, Dorman intake and a serpentine belt. I wanted a good baseline for maintenance as well as catch up on any neglect. So far everything works. It’s my first Ford/Merc car. It is an impressive ride, I can see how they have a following.

Comment

Good eye VicCrownVic I just noticed the color of the interior not the buckets.
            Real nice find.
            2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Yep, console shifter gave it away. Almost bought one before I found my LX Sport. Nice car for sure.

Next time you feel inclined I'd j-mod the trans on it. No, it won't snap your neck on shifts but it will firm them up and make the trans last longer.

Does it have air springs in the back or coils?
              These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

I removed the sagging coils and installed Moog CC865 rear and 80090 front. I don’t know what the J mod is but give me some time and I’ll read up. Thanks.

Comment

Sounds like you're well on the way to being a panther owner for life. That's more than i've done to my car in 3 years, lol. Welcome to the forums and you have a beautiful car.

Comment

Working...
                  X