New Member From Northeast Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member From Northeast Illinois

Found this forum a few weeks ago and decided to join up...glad to be here! I've owned several Grand Marquis and Crown Vic's over the years - 1994 GMarq (used), 2000 GMarq (used), 2004 Crown Vic (new) and the ones I currently have.

At the moment I've got a 2001 Grand Marquis LS in Chestnut Brown metallic and our most recent acquisition a P2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition in Vibrant White. The 2011 car only has a little over 34K miles (still smells new inside!) and was purchased from the estate of a local funeral director via his son. His Dad factory ordered this as his Mom's car back in late 2010 (he passed away 10 months later) and she drove it until she went into the nursing home in Fall 2018 (she passed away last Spring). The car was serviced every 2-3000 miles (more so due to time, rather than mileage). After bringing it home I discovered the owners manual contained the original window sticker carefully folded up inside it and there was also a factory tube of touchup paint unopened there too! One of the rear seatbelts even had the original foam factory protective sleeves on it that the dealer must have forgotten to take off in dealer prep. I've been wanting to find one this "new" for quite a few years and finally found it!!

I hope to contribute some good info gleaned from my experiences with these cars as well as check out what everyone else has to say about these cars in general.

Here are some photos....

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate (Vibrant White with Medium Stone Leather Interior)

2001 Grand Marquis LS (Chestnut Metallic with Parchment Interior)

Last edited by Derecho; 11-12-2019, 01:10 AM.

Those are sharp cars ! I love finding used, like new cars.

Comment

That thing seriously looks new, excellent pictures aswell. Welcome aboard!
      I'm jelly, I wish I could afford something as new.
      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
        You'll be shocked that I only paid $5500 for it. The son said he knew nothing about cars and just wanted to get rid of it. I jumped on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Derecho View Post
          You'll be shocked that I only paid $5500 for it. The son said he knew nothing about cars and just wanted to get rid of it. I jumped on it!
          Great find and even better price. welcome
          2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I envy the car prices in the States in general, there's an '07 MGM LS for sale with 182k KMs and good condition, for €12900, which is a "fair" price. A well-worn '03 MGM with 210k KMs for €10900.
            A crap-condition P71 with 165k miles, peeling paint and worn interior - €7500. Another P71, '05, "brand new condition" and 44k miles, a sheriffs car. Asking price €13700, which is a wee bit high.
            Older panthers here are rare, yet unappreciated, so I got my '85 MGM for a tad under 5 grand. Which just happened to be a lemon of sorts. For the same money, I could buy a ~2010 poverty-spec VW Golf/Jetta with loads of miles.

I'd import in a heartbeat, even with around €2000 for shipping, but with "new" cars the taxes are stupid high. A friend imported an '06 Charger SRT and the final tax was about €7000 plus other registration fees and inspection.
            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
            1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Welcome!

Great looking cars.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Those are both gorgeous! Welcome to the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                  Those are sharp cars ! I love finding used, like new cars.
                  Thanks! These Panthers are great cars..

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                    Those are both gorgeous! Welcome to the forums.
                    Thanks very much!

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
                      Great find and even better price. welcome
                      Thanks and hope to see you out in the forum threads!

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
                        Thanks! Keep watching and saving up...this last car I just bought just fell into my lap unexpectedly, so you never know when you'll find a gem.

Comment

Clean looking cars, very nice. Since you seem to be somewhere within the vicinity of Chicago, if you're on Facebook and if you haven't already, lookup Chicagoland Panther Association (if you can handle being insulted for practically any reason) and Great Lakes Panthers (a friendly group that also included Canadians).
                          1978 Ford LTD wagon, 351M
                          1979 Mercury Marquis, 351W
                          1987 Ford F-250 HD 4x4, 460, 4-speed, reg cab full bed
                          2003 Mercury Marauder, 4.6L DOHC, JLT CAI, 4.10 gears, J-mod, custom tune

Comment

Originally posted by ledzilla View Post
                            Clean looking cars, very nice. Since you seem to be somewhere within the vicinity of Chicago, if you're on Facebook and if you haven't already, lookup Chicagoland Panther Association (if you can handle being insulted for practically any reason) and Great Lakes Panthers (a friendly group that also included Canadians).
                            Thanks for the Facebook info...I'll check them out when I get home. : )

Comment

Nice score.

Very clean.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X