no heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no heat

89 G/M with auto climate control. Radiator full, fan blows on heat & def & vent. A/C works fine. I get no heat. It appears that the water is not going to the heater core. The hose does not get hot . Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Gary

These cars have flow to the heater core at all times when the engine is running. If both hoses don’t get hot, You have a blockage or an air lock.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Try flushing the heater core.

If your hoses need to be replaced save one of the old ones to make a heater core flush adapter with a hose repair end from Home Depot.
      https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ray-Padu...FR-6/205167514

I had a clogged heater core that flushing would get me nice hot heat but it would reclog within a few weeks, so making the adapter really came in handy. Reclogging could mean that a full cooling system flush would be needed. Instead I replaced the heater core about 6 years ago and the heat still cooks in that car, and the heater core hasn't clogged since.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Went out there today, got the motor hot, hoses going in and out of heater core were real warm. still no heat, went behind the glove box and watched the vacuum activate the door, it opened and closed, still no heat. Any more suggestions??

Comment

pull the clear hose behind the glovebox. that will force the blend door to full hot. If you still have no heat, the core is clogged.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Also, check to make sure air is actually getting through the core. If it's all clogged with dust and fur/hair, it ain't gonna work either.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X