PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

Thread: 1985 Grand Marquis 2-Door

  1. #61
    Member sluggish91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Howdy Grand Marquis friends, I'm back with another build update on my 85.

    The old temp gauge I had got nicked or something and stopped working so I picked up this whatever one at the parts store and made a little metal bracket for it.
    The electric fan switch is conveniently located to the side. It was in the coin tray before, so this is less of a hassle and suits my liking.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marquis_temp_gauge.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	53975
    Current drivers view
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marquis_stock_steering_wheel.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	53976

    I also finally got a chance to have the braking system updated after accumulating parts for about 2 months.
    This was more of a maintenance/minor update, I didn't want to complicate things too much here, but yea, the list is as follows:
    AC Delco 11.8in. Rotors
    ARP 3in. Extended Studs
    Hawk HPS Pads
    Ford Reconditioned Calipers
    Maximum Motorsports Stainless Steel Caliper Sleeves
    Inner and Outer Wheel Bearings
    Im actual surprised the MM stuff worked on the stock calipers.

    Since that job was getting done my friend did the front shocks and springs for me too.
    I went with KYB shocks and Speedway 925lb. front springs. I also cut out half a coil.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trucoil_springs_kyb_shocks.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	53980
    The spring in its normal configuration sits just below 12 1/8in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal_spring_height.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	53977
    With half a coil cut it sits right at 11 3/8in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cut_spring_height.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	53978
    Don't know if this information is helpful to anyone but I'll just leave it here anyways.

    It looks way killer now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marquis_925s_1:2coilcut.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	53979
    1985 2-Door
    CFI, K&N Filter, 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers,
    Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, SVE Wheels, ET Streets, 3.55 Gear

  2. #62
    The Brown Blob 87gtVIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    19,152

    Default

    I like the look. Cali (at least the la area) has TONS of steep driveways entrances to parking lots and I don’t understand how low cars can manage.
    ~David~

    My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

  3. #63
    Member sluggish91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Hello all my GM enthusiasts! I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I wanted to cite where I am with the project as of May 2020, a bit of CFI rambling and track talk, and what the future holds for me and my black 85 GM. As of late, the valve cover breathers I had on my current valve covers leaked pretty badly, so I got some cheap eBay stamped steel valve covers, which actually ended up looking way nicer and more era appropriate. I use TFS-25200801 valve cover studs because I like how they look and FEL-VS13264T one-piece valve cover gaskets. I also did a little tune up which consisted of swapping spark plugs to Autolite 25s gapped .052, changing the cap & rotor, replacing the fuel filter, rewiring the ignition coil pigtail, and installing a "performance" ignition coil. All these little things combined refreshed the idle quality and pep in the step.

    I never thought I would admit it, but the more I drive with the CFI the more I like it. I think the CFI and EEC-III were really ahead of their time, considering nowadays there are big aftermarket companies that offer EFI throttle body fuel injection systems with 4-8 injectors that sit above a carb style intake. Even so, my admiration for the CFI system doesn't take away its lack of performance. But its lack of performance leads me to making it want to perform! It's the hot rodder within calling, and I'm sure there have been others that have wanted to pick up the phone. And its quite possible others have! This begs the question: Whats the fastest and quickest a Grand Marquis or Crown Victoria has gone 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile ON THE STOCK CENTRAL FUEL INJECTION? I want to know because I want to do better. My local 1/8th mile track opened up and they're having an event June 6th. I plan on taking the 85 down to run some numbers and get a baseline in relatively stock trim, nonetheless still running the stock CFI system. Anyone in the Southern California area want to race my 85 in the 1/8th June 6th at Irwindale Speedway? What do you think I will run at the 1/8th mile in my current trim?

    Standard Output 302
    Stock Bottom End
    Stock Flat Tappet CFI Cam 244/256 .437/.447
    Stock Flat Tappet Lifters
    E6 Cylinder Heads
    Proform 1.6 Pedestal Mount Roller Rockers
    Ford Central Fuel Injection
    New Injectors
    Race Crank Pulley
    Flex-A-Lite 3000CFM Electric Fan
    A/C Delete
    Smog Delete
    Summit Racing 48k V Ignition Coil
    Autolite 25s gapped @ .54
    Taylor 8mm Plug Wires
    Taylor Cap & Rotor
    Motorcraft TFI Distributor

    BBK 1 5/8th Headers
    Summit Racing 2.5in. H-Pipe
    Flowtech 2.5in flow tubes
    Hooker 2.5in. Mufflers w/ turndowns

    AOD
    3.55 Gear
    28" Drag Radials

    My goal is to break into the 9.9s@70mph. If I can rip a 9.5@74 I think that would be really really good!
    If it doesn't break into the 9s I'm not even going to bother going any further. If it breaks into the 9s I'm going to throw some e7 heads and an edelbrock 2121 intake with a mr. gasket 1933 adapter and see what the CFI and EEC-III have to say about that.


    I've been scheming and plotting my performance build on this car for quite some time now. I have my sights set on a simple yet effective combination that will be a handful to drive on the street and competitive enough to leave modern muscle cars scrambling for excuses. Around mid-May a big opportunity to leap forward in my endeavors came to me unexpectedly. One of my friends had just purchased a crashed Mustang that had a killer little street engine in it. I purchased the engine from him. So this engine will be going in the black car sometime in 2021. I will be pushing 400+ once this new combination is finished and with it I will be one of the fastest Grand Marquis in Southern California. This is 100% my goal and I hope that when the time comes anyone that thinks they have a faster GM come out and try to prove it.
    1985 2-Door
    CFI, K&N Filter, 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers,
    Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, SVE Wheels, ET Streets, 3.55 Gear

  4. #64
    The Brown Blob 87gtVIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    19,152

    Default

    Cool.

    I know a couple members here ran the cfi cars at the 1/4 around 18-20 seconds lol

    Dont remember their 1/8 times but I am skeptical on you reaching your goal. That crashed mustang engine may be going in sooner depending on your track numbers.
    ~David~

    My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

  5. #65
    Member sluggish91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Cool.

    I know a couple members here ran the cfi cars at the 1/4 around 18-20 seconds lol

    Dont remember their 1/8 times but I am skeptical on you reaching your goal. That crashed mustang engine may be going in sooner depending on your track numbers.
    It doesn't feel 18 sec. 1/4 mile slow. That would be like 11.5-12 sec in the 1/8th and it feels faster than that.
    My 85 is way happier than my dads 91 when it was stock. And that one had SEFI, Mass Air, AND a roller block (we swapped the lopo for a HO).
    It even has enough to keep up with my friends 89 AOD Foxbody! He beats me but I keep up!
    Who knows, maybe this 85 is a real healthy one? I must say, the engine feels extremely healthy.
    The track will tell all when the time slips come back.

    87gtVIC, do you have any predictions on what it will run? I won't take offense, promise!
    1985 2-Door
    CFI, K&N Filter, 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers,
    Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, SVE Wheels, ET Streets, 3.55 Gear

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluggish91 View Post
    What do you think I will run at the 1/8th mile in my current
    Let me preface this with the fact that I've drag raced for about the last 40 years,just about everything I've ever owned has been down the dragstrip & I keep extensive notes on everything.
    My old 89 gm with the stock 12k miles 1990 ho engine from my mustang only ran 15.8-15.9 @86mph in the 1/4,10.2-10.3 @ 70 mph in the 1/8th.That same engine in my mustang ran 12.7 @105 so was fairly disappointed that it ran over 3 seconds slower in the gm because the car only weighed 1k more than the mustang.What I didn't take into account was the fact the gm has the aerodynamics of a brick.
    Can also tell you weather conditions play a big role with how good the car will run.Raced my mustang all times of year in all kinds of weather conditions & can tell you with no changes to the combo just the weather effected the performance as much as 8 tenths & 8mph.
    Weight is also a big factor my gm weighed about 4050lbs with me in it your car probably weighs a bit less.I think your thoughts about what it will run are a bit lofty.I think you will probably run 10.5-11.0 @ between 62-67 mph in the 1/8th.
    Last edited by Mustang Eddie; 05-28-2020 at 10:46 PM.

  7. #67
    Member sluggish91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Eddie View Post
    Let me preface this with the fact that I've drag raced for about the last 40 years,just about everything I've ever owned has been down the dragstrip & I keep extensive notes on everything.
    My old 89 gm with the stock 12k miles 1990 ho engine from my mustang only ran 15.8-15.9 @86mph in the 1/4,10.2-10.3 @ 70 mph in the 1/8th.That same engine in my mustang ran 12.7 @105 so was fairly disappointed that it ran over 3 seconds slower in the gm because the car only weighed 1k more than the mustang.What I didn't take into account was the fact the gm has the aerodynamics of a brick.
    Can also tell you weather conditions play a big role with how good the car will run.Raced my mustang all times of year in all kinds of weather conditions & can tell you with no changes to the combo just the weather effected the performance as much as 8 tenths & 8mph.
    Weight is also a big factor my gm weighed about 4050lbs with me in it your car probably weighs a bit less.I think your thoughts about what it will run are a bit lofty.I think you will probably run 10.5-11.0 @ between 62-67 mph in the 1/8th.
    Thank you for an honest assessment.
    I like your guess, although I'd be pretty devastated if the times were in the 11s.
    I'm really shooting for the moon with the times, but either way, I want to get some numbers to be able to say I ran a specific time with the stock E6s and the CFI.
    The track I will be racing at is 354ft. above sea level. Hoping for a low DA.
    1985 2-Door
    CFI, K&N Filter, 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers,
    Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, SVE Wheels, ET Streets, 3.55 Gear

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    146

    Default

    I don't know what you consider a low DA my idea of that starts with a negative in front of the # lol.Checked the DA@ Irwindale before my last post & it was 1819 @ about 7:30pm your time.Don't know if you will be racing during the day or at night but if during the day this time of year I'd imagine the DA will be between 2500-3000 ft.
    Something else i failed to mention in my previous post is that the AOD is a power robbing SOB.When I had my mustang shop I had a killer street combo that I used on many cars.That combo in an AOD equipt car always ran 5-6 tenths slower than a stick car.
    Something else I would do is more gear.I ran every gear from 2.73's to 4.30's in my 89 gm & it went the fastest with the 4.30's.Hell I had a set of 4.56's i was going to try but gas prices went crazy, the 89 was my daily driver & I couldn't afford to kill the gas mileage any more than I already had in fact actually sacrificed some performance & put 3.55's back in it.

  9. #69
    all the CFI are belong to me
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    1,748

    Default

    Hi...popping in here for apparently the first time. Sweet car.

    It may be my tendency to be pedantic showing itself here, but since your car is an '85, I would expect it to actually have EEC-IV CFI (84 and 85). The big obvious tell between them is that EEC-III uses Duraspark ignition with a module on the driver side inner fender with a distributor that is keyed in place so timing can't be adjusted, where EEC-IV uses a TFI ignition module on the distributor, which can be rotated to set base timing. Pics of your car show a TFI module, so unless CA emissions did some weird stuff combining the older ECM with the newer ignition...my bet is on EEC-IV.

    It does not meaningfully change any part of your plans or what needs to go into them, but EEC-IV is a reasonably more advanced system.

    83 GM 2dr POTM 10/2019 | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 & 4/2019 | 85 CS | 85 Ranger | 91 GM POTM 12/2017 | Junkyards
    Gone: 97CV | 83 TC

  10. #70
    The Brown Blob 87gtVIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    19,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluggish91 View Post
    It doesn't feel 18 sec. 1/4 mile slow. That would be like 11.5-12 sec in the 1/8th and it feels faster than that.
    My 85 is way happier than my dads 91 when it was stock. And that one had SEFI, Mass Air, AND a roller block (we swapped the lopo for a HO).
    It even has enough to keep up with my friends 89 AOD Foxbody! He beats me but I keep up!
    Who knows, maybe this 85 is a real healthy one? I must say, the engine feels extremely healthy.
    The track will tell all when the time slips come back.

    87gtVIC, do you have any predictions on what it will run? I won't take offense, promise!
    Can't say as it would be disrespectful towards others who actually have experience in the manner. I was just a bystander picking my nose pointing at the cars and saying "wow that is slow" and laughing that mine is probably similar.

    The most important thing would be not getting held up about numbers but having fun and supporting the local track.
    ~David~

    My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

  11. #71
    Member sluggish91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Eddie View Post
    I don't know what you consider a low DA my idea of that starts with a negative in front of the # lol.Checked the DA@ Irwindale before my last post & it was 1819 @ about 7:30pm your time.Don't know if you will be racing during the day or at night but if during the day this time of year I'd imagine the DA will be between 2500-3000 ft.
    Something else i failed to mention in my previous post is that the AOD is a power robbing SOB.When I had my mustang shop I had a killer street combo that I used on many cars.That combo in an AOD equipt car always ran 5-6 tenths slower than a stick car.
    Something else I would do is more gear.I ran every gear from 2.73's to 4.30's in my 89 gm & it went the fastest with the 4.30's.Hell I had a set of 4.56's i was going to try but gas prices went crazy, the 89 was my daily driver & I couldn't afford to kill the gas mileage any more than I already had in fact actually sacrificed some performance & put 3.55's back in it.
    I very much agree on your comments about the AOD transmission, it will rob more power than a manual transmission. That's not to say an AOD can't be modified to perform as well or better than a stick. On this car I will be keeping the AOD, I have a 5-speed mustang I can shift gears in. I plan on getting a 3000 stall or higher converter. I already have a shift kit waiting to get installed but I want to see how it does in the current trim first.
    4.30 Gears are on my to do list right now, but again, I'd like to see how it does with the 3.55s. We got 4.10s installed on my dads 91 and that was a night and day difference. I can only imagine what a bit more gear would do to the acceleration on a healthier setup.


    Quote Originally Posted by kishy View Post
    Hi...popping in here for apparently the first time. Sweet car.

    It may be my tendency to be pedantic showing itself here, but since your car is an '85, I would expect it to actually have EEC-IV CFI (84 and 85). The big obvious tell between them is that EEC-III uses Duraspark ignition with a module on the driver side inner fender with a distributor that is keyed in place so timing can't be adjusted, where EEC-IV uses a TFI ignition module on the distributor, which can be rotated to set base timing. Pics of your car show a TFI module, so unless CA emissions did some weird stuff combining the older ECM with the newer ignition...my bet is on EEC-IV.

    It does not meaningfully change any part of your plans or what needs to go into them, but EEC-IV is a reasonably more advanced system.
    Thank you kishy, I appreciate your input and for sharing your knowledge. You put some pieces of information regarding the CFI system together in my head with your sentences.
    I do in fact have a TFI module on the distributor. How could I confirm if I have an EEC-IV computer?

    From the information I've gathered on this site, I am understanding that the EEC-III does not do well deviating into modified engine territory. If I do in fact have an EEC-IV computer, would it be more lenient with engine modifications if I chose to go that route?


    Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Can't say as it would be disrespectful towards others who actually have experience in the manner. I was just a bystander picking my nose pointing at the cars and saying "wow that is slow" and laughing that mine is probably similar.

    The most important thing would be not getting held up about numbers but having fun and supporting the local track.
    Absolutely without a doubt my intent is to go out and have fun and spend time with my dad, regardless of what goes down. Good track times would be nice to have. Either way, it's cool enough to be able to go to the track, let alone take a car to run some passes. I really wish I could support my local track more than I do. Unfortunately the closest 1/8th mile track is 80 miles away and the closest 1/4 mile track is 75 miles away.
    1985 2-Door
    CFI, K&N Filter, 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers,
    Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, SVE Wheels, ET Streets, 3.55 Gear

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Something you may want to consider just to try is grabbing a set of 26'' tall tires which will effectively raise the numerical gear ratio some.28" tall tires look great but kill your gear ratio a bit.

  13. #73
    GMN Regular DerekTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    5,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluggish91 View Post
    Thank you kishy, I appreciate your input and for sharing your knowledge. You put some pieces of information regarding the CFI system together in my head with your sentences.
    I do in fact have a TFI module on the distributor. How could I confirm if I have an EEC-IV computer?...
    I think you just did
    I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure TFI appeared with EEC-IV on Panther stuff.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

  14. #74
    Member sluggish91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    I think you just did
    I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure TFI appeared with EEC-IV on Panther stuff.
    Thank you for your reply.
    I am still learning new things about this car and I am thankful to everyone that helps my understanding.

    On another note, I will sadly not be going to the track June 6th because it is $100 dollars to race. I thought it was going to be $30 like the usual Thursday night Test-N-Tune sessions. I guess considering it's the first weekend event since they closed the price to test would be higher than normal. No big deal. Between now and my actual track day which will probably end up being later in August, i'm going to get my 4.30 gears installed. If I get antsy I'll do the E7 head swap. Imma probably get antsy.
    1985 2-Door
    CFI, K&N Filter, 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers,
    Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, SVE Wheels, ET Streets, 3.55 Gear

  15. #75
    GMN Regular DerekTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    5,877

    Default

    Cheese-n-rice, talk about inflation..

    Yeah, this is great community, lots of info here. They helped me big time with the box lifestyle. If not for this place, my '85 would have probably been sold sooner and I'd have condemned CFI. Now I actually like it.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

  16. #76
    Member sluggish91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Cheese-n-rice, talk about inflation..

    Yeah, this is great community, lots of info here. They helped me big time with the box lifestyle. If not for this place, my '85 would have probably been sold sooner and I'd have condemned CFI. Now I actually like it.
    This community has taught me so much in such small amount of time. Knowledge is power, and this place is a sleeper. The heavy hitters lie deep within the realms, ready to floor the gas pedal of information as soon as an open highway of questions is met.

    Funny, if you look back at my first post, and throughout this thread, I continuously turn my face away from the idea of CFI. Guess who's tryna make something interesting happen with it now? This guy!
    1985 2-Door
    CFI, K&N Filter, 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers,
    Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, SVE Wheels, ET Streets, 3.55 Gear

  17. #77
    I post a lot...
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North Las Vegas Nevada
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    With the mods you are doing on your car you got to keep in mind the smog laws and other laws pertaining to cars unless you trailer your car to the track to race only not drive it on the street Slugish91.

  18. #78
    Member sluggish91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Thank you for the reminder Rodentkiller, all of the mods I am doing are emissions legal if I have my emissions components connected and operating.
    If I remove something I shouldn't, it is merely for experimental purposes, as I am well aware of all emission laws presently active in CA. I attended the Automotive Technology Program at my local College where I took a class one semester specifically to learn about emissions laws, components, and how they work. Some say there are loopholes in the system to help car enthusiasts here in California mod how they want. I have heard of people allegedly jumping through these loopholes.
    My car is due for a smog this year so I guess we'll see how it goes with all the mods that I am doing.
    1985 2-Door
    CFI, K&N Filter, 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers,
    Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan, 3G Alternator, Race Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, SVE Wheels, ET Streets, 3.55 Gear

  19. #79
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    7,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 87gtvic View Post
    the most important thing would be not getting held up about numbers but having fun and supporting the local track.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^truth^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  20. #80
    GMN Regular DerekTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    5,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluggish91 View Post
    ...Funny, if you look back at my first post, and throughout this thread, I continuously turn my face away from the idea of CFI. Guess who's tryna make something interesting happen with it now? This guy!
    That's the spirit! I don't think I'd ever want to mod it, but I liked keeping my car original. When I got the system right, there was no better car from 40-60mph while cruising- until my Town Car that is haha. That's also why I like GM TBI, it is more sophisticated than CFI by a tick or two but like Ford CFI, everything is easy to access and service. The stuff just works and works.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
GMN Approved Links!


www.rockauto.com www.adtr.net