Clear All

Soneone save this Tudor

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ct...022647989.html

88 Country Squire
    86 Colony Park, non-op'd
    89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Yikes.
    Solid, but what a project.
    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

LoL those seats aren't in amazing condition as the ad states. They're so faded they're practically sky blue/white.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yikes. I swear if that is a grand id love to see them price something "nice."
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Rust free (other than surface) deuce mangs, metal work is high and rust is never really gone from the guts. If the roof metal is okay under that vinyl, is a good project.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yeah sure, for scrap price. In the long run, it's always cheaper to buy one nice than it is to make one nice.

Comment

I'd consider it worthy at that price, although i paid a grand for my first '90, that was pretty clean and running.

Comment

I'd be in at $700.
                That interior could be brought back pretty nicely with an afternoon of work, even if the seats are faded.
                Remove the vinyl top, scuff, prime, spray.
                Nice set of wheels.
                Profit?
                '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Yep. BIG stroker, gutted, Tubs, all aluminum inside. I see a race car all day right there.
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

I value my time at $100/hr just like any shop would, hell, most value it beyond that.

So unless gutting it to make a hot rod out of what was a cruise car, it isn't worth the effort unless your time isn't all that valuable to you.

Comment

Saving a car like that is a labor of love, you can’t price out your time on something like that. Finding a “nice” one may be easier than making a rough one nice, but the value of these cars is climbing. Finding a nice Tudor seems to be getting harder and harder all the time. It’s not about my time not being that valuable, it’s about nostalgia, it’s about bringing back good memories. Those things have no price tag. If these cars carry no sentimental value to you, then you should pass on every single one...nice ones ain’t cheap and cheap ones ain’t nice.

Just sayin’
                      '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

That car may be a diamond in the rough. At least the owner is selling it instead of scrapping it. I just bought a rust free wagon here in Connecticut,(former Florida car). Needs paint and seats, but it is rust free, something that is hard to find. WagonMan
                        89 Colony Park
                        90 Colony Park
                        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

paint is smoked but it looks solid. that would probably sell for $1k in MI.

Comment

Working...
                          X