New member with 1970 Marquis Broughm 2dr Ht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member with 1970 Marquis Broughm 2dr Ht

I got my 2dr 2 years ago and started working on it this summer. Hoping to have a driving project.
    All I have is the serial number dash tag. The door had been replaced and the decal tech info is gone along with the body tags. Now to find stamped on body vin numbers.

I hope to find info here to help me make this monster road worthy.

Had a 71 Marquis non Brougham in the family for a while. Needed lots of cosmetics but was a good car. The title got into a big mess with a long extinct bank and no one to clear the lien.

Yours have the 429? Four barrel?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Why do you need the other vin number locations ? You have the only publicly visible one required by law. The one on the dash by the windshield. The door tag is not a required item except for the manufacture. Vin tags on other body parts were not required until recent years. You have a vin on the frame which will match the dash tag IF the frame has not been replaced. I would not worry about finding that.
      If a problem with getting a registration exists, normally the solution is to take the car to your State DMV, State Police or Highway Patrol. There is a vin officer who is trained in vin verification. Many States just require a "bill of sale" for transfer of old cars.
      Hopefully this info helps you.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Cool to see more "barge" owners on here.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Welcome!

I saw the pics in your RR thread, the car looks great. Definitely worth saving.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome!
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...