AC Evaporator Drain Hose Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Evaporator Drain Hose Location

Can anyone please tell me where the AC drain hose/tube is on a 1989 MGM? For some reason I just cannot find it and it's driving me insane. Thanks a lot.

I am not sure why they would change the location but I found a clear picture online for a newer model

this is where I would look first.Click image for larger version

Name:	leak.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	1286249
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Not quite what that is. Thats the drain for the fresh air intake. The evaporator is to the left of that, in the engine bay, not inside the dashboard.

The evap drain does not have a hose. Its just a small gap in the bottom of the evaporator case up near the firewall. Best way to find it is to lay under the car on the passenger side and shine a light straight up along the firewall. Where you see the evap box sticking out, you'll find the hole where the evaporator drains right against the firewall. If your car is like most, you'll find its directly above the rusted spot on your frame. If you're unlucky, like many, it will be above the badly rotted part of your frame.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

your right gadget I was still asleep when I tried to help, now that I look at the picture better the drain pointed out in the picture would be too high to be a evaporator drain.
        2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Thanks a lot guys

Comment

Working...
          X