Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

87 Wagon...thinking of putting in an offer..Tell me why I shouldnt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 Wagon...thinking of putting in an offer..Tell me why I shouldnt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Ford-C...n/352868670921

For some reason it just looks boring and it is not bringing any high bid along...The two may be related.

I dont know where the 35k or 30k went (both figures mentioned within the ad) but I myself have that much into mine and others would say the same thing. lol

I can say with full certainty it will NOT reach ANYWHERE near whatever the reserve may be set at but I am still game.

Tell me why I shouldn't. I know the underside is a bit suspect looking...any other reasons?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Those silly driving lights.

Kidding. The leather tan interior is a really a nice sight to see. Pictures make it look pretty good, but you can make photos hide issues pretty good too if you do things at the right angles. If you can get it cheap enough, I’m sure it’d be a solid driver.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
      Those silly driving lights.

Kidding. The leather tan interior is a really a nice sight to see. Pictures make it look pretty good, but you can make photos hide issues pretty good too if you do things at the right angles. If you can get it cheap enough, I’m sure it’d be a solid driver.
      Based off of the sellers other inventory in addition to the description with this ad I dont see this selling for cheap. I totally see the bids being cheap but I doubt the seller would let this go for under 15k. I laugh HARD at 15k. Again, only speculations on my part.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks like the interior was a darker tan then it was spray painted or otherwise dyed, in several places you can see where the cheap paint or dye has come off.
        This car looks like a pig with lip stick, meaning someone did a cosmetic only restoration if you can all it that. everything else seems old run down and original.
        There is now way I would buy it or even consider it without a personal inspection.
        2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Would you be willing to link a picture of the aforementioned areas? I only ask As I cannot see it. I also own a beige/tan interiored 87 Crown Victoria and I would like to think I am quite UP on what looks correct and what doesnt.

One thing I noticed is that the front seats appear to be re upholstered. The headrests remain stock and untouched NOT re upholstered.

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
          Looks like the interior was a darker tan then it was spray painted or otherwise dyed, in several places you can see where the cheap paint or dye has come off.
          This car looks like a pig with lip stick, meaning someone did a cosmetic only restoration if you can all it that. everything else seems old run down and original.
          There is now way I would buy it or even consider it without a personal inspection.
          ~David~

Comment

5 doors are too cool for you. Your limit is 2.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Would you be willing to link a picture of the aforementioned areas? I only ask As I cannot see it. I also own a beige/tan interiored 87 Crown Victoria and I would like to think I am quite UP on what looks correct and what doesnt.

One thing I noticed is that the front seats appear to be re upholstered. The headrests remain stock and untouched NOT re upholstered.
              Scroll down on the page where you see all the pictures, then blow up the pictures that shows the left side of the column, the drivers door panel (door pull area) the threshold and surrounding pieces. The car is a mess, just blow up the pictures you will see if you look close enough.
              Most of the wear and pealing paint is at the drivers side but is evidence that what I am saying is true. Sort of looks like the dash cap-possible cover is the original color peeking through and every thing else has been spray painted to match the color of the new upholstery. It even looks like they painted over some plastic clip mounted under the steering column cover.

Comment

Definitely a road trip or a personal inspector before any sizeable offer.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Here are some pictures of just a few things I noticed, it was blown up with my pc then pictures taken with my iPad so they may not come out clear Click image for larger version

Name:	E9103C10-79C7-471E-AD94-23F88617F2D6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	1286301Click image for larger version

Name:	19E6D9BE-6ADF-4349-8D17-F466063061E3.jpeg
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	1286302Click image for larger version

Name:	AF504065-0DD7-47E5-84F7-819FD0509C7A.jpeg
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	1286303Click image for larger version

Name:	9C88F8F4-DD47-4BF6-AABC-BE92DF931583.jpeg
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	1286304

Comment

Appreciate the critical eyes.

I do see some discolorations in areas that match normal wear my car suffers from BUT this wagon has a damaged door panel at the pull strap. Kind of a bummer.

The B pillar trim is heavily worn from ass rubbage into and out of vehicle.

I also notice what appears to be a stuck power antenna.
                    ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]53220[/ATTACH]

Your last photo shows something interesting. The passengers side has it as well. It is all I can call it as I do not know what "it" is. lol
                      ~David~

Comment

The backwards driver side B pillar seat belt just caught my attention.......
                        ~David~

Comment

Those clips look like they are some sort of cable ties that have been painted over. The stuff I mentioned looks like peeling paint or dye if it was worn plastic I wouldn't think it would be a different color.
                          I would much rather find a car that has not been restored and fix it up to my liking rather than pay for crappy work that cannot be undone.

Comment

The prices of clean wagons seems to keep going up. I could maybe see someone paying 8-9k for it.
                            Personally, I'd pass at 5k.

I've got to laugh at that the $35k restoration on it. Ya we've all dumped a lot of money into worthless cars, but at least we upgrade them a little bit while we do it.
                            Single exhaust and not even a rear sway bar.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Those clips are crack pipe holders! LOL!
                              89 Colony Park
                              90 Colony Park
                              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X