PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 87 Wagon...thinking of putting in an offer..Tell me why I shouldnt.

"restored"

Pretty sure my '91 looks cleaner than that underneath.
    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '04 CVLX ($200 winter beater) | '03 Marauder

'90 Super Coupe
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed

White collar, and a red neck P72Ford's Avatar

^^^ I had a beat detectives car that was cleaner underneath.

My questions is simply... Where? Where was $30K+ spent?

Unmolested original FTW.
    **1965 Ford Mustang Coupe: Currently on the Rotisserie, 306/T5/4.10s Long Term Street/ Strip Project
    **1990 Ford Mustang LX Hatchback: 5.0, 5 spd, 4.10s; 30K original miles Cruiser
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0, 6 spd, 3.73s; 17K miles Cruiser
    **2008 CVPI, Ex MSP Unit #420: 4.6, 3.55TL Flowmaster 10 knock offs, dark tint, JD Blitz Black, DD, CHALKBOARD
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG): 103, Cobra Speedsters, Cosmetics
    **2014 Ram 1500 QCSB Express 4WD Hemi/8spd TF/3L21 Truck Duties; Boesch Built, Cosmetics

$30K on restoration.? Nah. I'm calling BS.
    HOWEVER... They aren't making any more of these so the value is there somewhere.
    I remind myself regularly that actual value is determined by the buyer.
    So it begs the question.
    WHAT'S IT REALLY WORTH..??
    All FORD All The Time

I am not attached. I have zero need for it and finding a place to store it will be a “”to do” in and of itself. It is the type of buy that if I get it for the right price I will be okay with whatever may come my way.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I post a lot...

R&R of original trim & vinyl. Any body work . repaint car, Replace and install vinyl and trim. Also i think new leather seat covers. Plus probably mechanical maint. Also probably paid to have interior painted.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

West lake Worth Florida ( Palm Beach County )

Well here is the add they have posted for the car your looking at, they want $16,995 that should let you know what kind of money they are wanting.
    https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=256889603
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Quote Originally Posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
    Well here is the add they have posted for the car your looking at, they want $16,995 that should let you know what kind of money they are wanting.
    https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=256889603

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

AHah That is funny. My guess of 15k was pretty darn close. This one boys aint gonna sell. I have also decided to not bid.

One other annoying thing I see is the backwards hood ornament. It is little details like that and either leaving the antenna fully up or fully down that I really get caught up on.....This antenna is up a few inches leading me to believe she aint working.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-03-2019 at 05:01 PM.
    ~David~

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    We will see where this goes. At this point in time I see the price escalating far beyond what it should or what I am willing to
    fork over.
    Bidding stalled out around 3500....Doubt they will let it go despite the market dictating what it is worth to buyers.
    ~David~

Yeah when you look close enough at all the pictures you can tell it was sold off because the owner whom spent so much on the "restoration" was disappointed by how bad it looked after such a short period of time after the so called restoration.
    I did a search online for these wagons and there are clean not restored low mileage clean cars selling for much less than they wanted still pricey but I think a much better value even if you had to buy a few plane tickets to check them out.
    Good luck with your search

fomoco panthers !

First thing that caught my attention is the woody trim. In my opinion the color is way off. the edging has a "grain" to it that is odd. It actually looks like real wood ? I doubt it . Second is the upholstery. Poor job. It will crack quick as it has many folds and creases. Compare it to the original upholstery which would be nice and smooth and pulled properly. The word "restoration" sure is misused. Refurbishment or customized might be a better adjective. Agree that the paint and body work cost can be a heap of money if done right. What flaws are below the paint ? In the engine bay, it looks nice. Underside looks good for the age. Interior plastic pieces are suspect. I do know the older cars may have to have some plastic replaced. Repainting pieces may have to be done. I do see wear without doubt. When I hear or see "Restoration" I become very wary. Anything offered by dealers are suspect of flat out lying. I hate dealers almost to the level of politicians. Many have a special place in Hell.
    I agree with the decision to pass on this car. You will be happy you did.

Yeah even under the hood has been half ass spray bombed with spray paint, hard to tell by the pictures but you can tell it was spray bombed because the battery cable has peeling black paint.
    I imagine the wood grain has been redone like mainemantom mentioned it does look off and by now some of it would have peeling away. I seen a nice 89 online same color with a brown interior for $8500 that had great original looking paint yet the wood trim was peeling in places.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12