Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

87 Wagon...thinking of putting in an offer..Tell me why I shouldnt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tan interiors get pretty bad fade depending on what they're exposed to, so I could see someone trying to touch it up.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I’d wait on an nice untouched original car...

I think that one is hiding things.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Why not:
        2G alt, no headlight relay mod, no blower relay mod, all fire hazards are still intact.
        lopo
        off-road poacher lights
        Dealer stratosphere pricing
        tailgate hinges

Why to:
        You already know how to do all the anti-fire mods needed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If the exterior of the wagon is as good as it looks (paint condition and wood vinyl) I can overlook interior discrepancy’s.

Having a car repainted is A LOT of hard work. Having it done right also costs mega bucks. It is also something that is not easily done by the diyer that I am. It is nice to not have to deal with paint and body on a car purchase. I’ve done it and it’s a drag.

We will see where this goes. At this point in time I see the price escalating far beyond what it should or what I am willing to
          fork over.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            If the exterior of the wagon is as good as it looks (paint condition and wood vinyl) I can overlook interior discrepancy’s.

Having a car repainted is A LOT of hard work. Having it done right also costs mega bucks. It is also something that is not easily done by the diyer that I am. It is nice to not have to deal with paint and body on a car purchase. I’ve done it and it’s a drag.

We will see where this goes. At this point in time I see the price escalating far beyond what it should or what I am willing to
            fork over.
            Yeah that is the question. was it done right. I would at least ask for non studio pictures, it is such a dark car with a all white brightly lit background even blowing the pictures up I couldn't see the body panels or any defects.

Perhaps you can find someone from our forum or other forums you belong to and ask them to inspect the car for you.

I get it once you see what you like and get the itch to make it yours nothing else matters other than the bottom line.

As far as the dealer from the little I researched it they seem to have positive reviews.

But you still have time, email the company ask them about the things we noticed, and the paint work etc and see what they say. if they are decent they will offer up more information about the car than we even thought about asking. Also have them post a walk around video of the car.

My instinct and mechanical background is telling me this is one purchase that unless it is bought at the right price you may regret and even then you will see things about that car that will make you cringe.
            Last edited by EaOutlaw1969; 12-03-2019, 07:22 AM.
            2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

"restored"

Pretty sure my '91 looks cleaner than that underneath.
              '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
              formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

^^^ I had a beat detectives car that was cleaner underneath.

My questions is simply... Where? Where was $30K+ spent?

Unmolested original FTW.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

$30K on restoration.? Nah. I'm calling BS.
                  HOWEVER... They aren't making any more of these so the value is there somewhere.
                  I remind myself regularly that actual value is determined by the buyer.
                  So it begs the question.
                  WHAT'S IT REALLY WORTH..??
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

I am not attached. I have zero need for it and finding a place to store it will be a “”to do” in and of itself. It is the type of buy that if I get it for the right price I will be okay with whatever may come my way.
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

R&R of original trim & vinyl. Any body work . repaint car, Replace and install vinyl and trim. Also i think new leather seat covers. Plus probably mechanical maint. Also probably paid to have interior painted.
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Well here is the add they have posted for the car your looking at, they want $16,995 that should let you know what kind of money they are wanting.
                        https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=256889603

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
                          Well here is the add they have posted for the car your looking at, they want $16,995 that should let you know what kind of money they are wanting.
                          https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=256889603

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

AHah That is funny. My guess of 15k was pretty darn close. This one boys aint gonna sell. I have also decided to not bid.

One other annoying thing I see is the backwards hood ornament. It is little details like that and either leaving the antenna fully up or fully down that I really get caught up on.....This antenna is up a few inches leading me to believe she aint working.
                            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-03-2019, 05:01 PM.
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              fork over.
                              Bidding stalled out around 3500....Doubt they will let it go despite the market dictating what it is worth to buyers.
                              ~David~

Comment

Yeah when you look close enough at all the pictures you can tell it was sold off because the owner whom spent so much on the "restoration" was disappointed by how bad it looked after such a short period of time after the so called restoration.
                                I did a search online for these wagons and there are clean not restored low mileage clean cars selling for much less than they wanted still pricey but I think a much better value even if you had to buy a few plane tickets to check them out.
                                Good luck with your search

Comment

Working...
                                X