Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

87 Wagon...thinking of putting in an offer..Tell me why I shouldnt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First thing that caught my attention is the woody trim. In my opinion the color is way off. the edging has a "grain" to it that is odd. It actually looks like real wood ? I doubt it . Second is the upholstery. Poor job. It will crack quick as it has many folds and creases. Compare it to the original upholstery which would be nice and smooth and pulled properly. The word "restoration" sure is misused. Refurbishment or customized might be a better adjective. Agree that the paint and body work cost can be a heap of money if done right. What flaws are below the paint ? In the engine bay, it looks nice. Underside looks good for the age. Interior plastic pieces are suspect. I do know the older cars may have to have some plastic replaced. Repainting pieces may have to be done. I do see wear without doubt. When I hear or see "Restoration" I become very wary. Anything offered by dealers are suspect of flat out lying. I hate dealers almost to the level of politicians. Many have a special place in Hell.
    I agree with the decision to pass on this car. You will be happy you did.

Comment

Yeah even under the hood has been half ass spray bombed with spray paint, hard to tell by the pictures but you can tell it was spray bombed because the battery cable has peeling black paint.
      I imagine the wood grain has been redone like mainemantom mentioned it does look off and by now some of it would have peeling away. I seen a nice 89 online same color with a brown interior for $8500 that had great original looking paint yet the wood trim was peeling in places.
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Working...
      X