No announcement yet.

New Member in Chicago Suburbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. I might just be able to squeeze $6,500 out of my Town Car after all..
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Welcome to the forum! That's definitely a well preserved example and it looks like it's lived a pampered life. Enjoy it and keep on pampering it in the years to come!

Comment

Thanks everyone! Sluggish91--it sure is a couch on wheels. I have to be careful on long drive because it starts to lull me to sleep like sitting in my recliner does! I was surprised the timing chain hadn't jumped with how loose it was, too. I went with a Cloyes true double roller replacement so hopefully I'm set for some time. I had to change the water pump and timing cover as well...the stud bolts were badly seized in the aluminum and it wasn't pretty taking it all apart. The replacement ones are stainless so that shouldn't happen again.

She has had one very pampered life and will continue to be! I do have a few cosmetic issues to take care of still. there are a few spots of corrosion on the bottoms of the fenders that I'm going to get taken care of in the spring. She also had some surface rust on the undercarriage/floorpans that I had cleaned up and encapsulated right after I bought her. I think the garage she was stored in was damp and that's what caused it.

Comment

Welcome! Looks like you drove it home from a Ford dealer's showroom
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I had an orignal Radiator on my 90CV, if yours goes bad don't bother to recore the radiator get a new one to get an aluminum radiator go to Radiator Express.com good luck by the way nice car for it being in the land of snow and salt.

Comment

Working...
            X