New Panther Addict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Panther Addict

Greetings from Winnipeg Manitoba. I'm the proud owner of a 2008 MGM purchased in May 2019. This is a retired RCMP PPS ( Police Protective Services) car that shuttled ambassadors, heads of state and VIP's to various embassies in Vancouver B.C. This car led a sheltered life compared to a typical RCMP interceptor and only needed sway bar bushings and a couple of exhaust studs to pass safety. It has air springs in the rear and rides like a dream on the highway. I have no plans to modify it and it's currently stored for the winter. Looking forward to chatting with you guys. Cheers...

https://neuro.smugmug.com/2008-GM-Lockport/

nice looking car, Any name on that slide out spare tire mount?
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Welcome!

The car looks very nice based on the pictures at the link you posted. The spare tire shelf is really neat. I've never seen one before, but now I want one. LOL
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
        nice looking car, Any name on that slide out spare tire mount?
        Yes. The slide out was manufactured by Steeltec Industries in Chilliwack B.C. The empty space to the right of the spare has holes drilled on the base for communications gear.

https://steeltec.net/

Comment

The slide out tray is really handy considering the weight of the full size spare. I found the trunk organizer a bit awkward on a long trip. I removed the covers and dividers and kept the plastic tub for protection. Sometimes the trunk is too shallow with the covers in place.

Comment

I was close to you in October when I attended the NW Ohio CV Owners fall wind up. Enjoyed my time in the upper peninsula and stopped at every Yooper hot pastie shop...LOL.

Comment

Welcome! That's a very nice looking ride and i also dig the spare tire shelf, pretty damn slick.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Comment

Mmmmmm, pasties. I spent about 5.5 years in da UP, in Houghton in the Keweenaw peninsula. Da UP is a great place, I've still got a few Yooper friends up there and need to get back up there to visit one of these years.
                  Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

It was hilarious when my mom came to visit and asked "What's a pasty?" LOL "It's pastie, mom. Pass-tee."
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                      It was hilarious when my mom came to visit and asked "What's a pasty?" LOL "It's pastie, mom. Pass-tee."
                      LOL...I've made quite a few pasties now and getting good at it. Started with store bought frozen pie shells and it was a complete disaster. Found a recipe for dough with enough shortening to kill a race horse and it made a huge difference. I can see why they were so popular with the miners. Throw a pastie on your shovel and heat it with a torch...LOL.

Comment

Cool ride. Trunk organization is awesome. Nice touches the car was outfitted with.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Cool ride. Trunk organization is awesome. Nice touches the car was outfitted with.
                          Thanks! I have never seen another 08 ultimate edition with cloth seats. The government got a $500.00 credit by deleting the leather seating. This car could be a unicorn...

Comment

Welcome! Do you have a winter ride to use, while your GM is in storage?
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                            X