Found Something Interesting With My Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Something Interesting With My Coupe

I found this interesting little stamped plate in the pouch that has the car stuff in it from the dealership (long, long ago). Anyone able to decipher it all?

Also, please enjoy the very shiny owners manual. With the big kitty on it.
    1978 Ford LTD wagon, 351M
    1979 Mercury Marquis, 351W
    1987 Ford F-250 HD 4x4, 460, 4-speed, reg cab full bed
    2003 Mercury Marauder, 4.6L DOHC, JLT CAI, 4.10 gears, J-mod, custom tune

That metal tag is the old type warranty tag. They were inside the clear plastic pouch that the owners manual came in. I have a few laying around with old owner manuals. I believe they were used with a hand operated imprinter. Like what was used with credit cards or charge plates many many years ago.

Comment

think I have the one for my 86 Towncar in the owner's manual. I know I've got the warranty card in there.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So, aside from the VIN, is anything on it interesting or useful at this point in time?

Comment

If you ever plan on selling your car down the line and it is in really good shape, yeah. Might even be of general interest on its own. Like GM protecto plates, some people collect just the plates, and others see it just like a build sheet. Something to keep with the car for the sake of completeness.

Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
            If you ever plan on selling your car down the line and it is in really good shape, yeah. Might even be of general interest on its own. Like GM protecto plates, some people collect just the plates, and others see it just like a build sheet. Something to keep with the car for the sake of completeness.

Alex.
            I actually had to have a little bit of a chuckle at the thought of selling it because at this point, out of the 8 cars I've owned, of the three I no longer have 2 have been junked, and the third was 17-18 year old Panther traded in for a 3 year old Panther.

Comment

Working...
            X