What size inlet /outlet for muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size inlet /outlet for muffler?

I'm replacing my stock exhaust on stock 90 Colony Park.
    I'm using bolt on stuff.
    Replacing the cats, the H PIPE and using 19 inch Borla XS mufflers.
    The tail pipes are stock and in good shape.
    My question is h pipe out is 2 inches, do I go 2 1/4 inlet and outlet for the mufflers?
    Thank you
    90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
    90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
    91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
    70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

If your H-pipe has 2" O.D. pipes, then your muffler needs 2" I.D. WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

THANK you Pete
      90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
      90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
      91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
      70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

That should sound interesting, leaving cats on it?

Comment

Yeah I think it's best in my case.
          My teen daughter will be driving it and I want to make sure I get inspection.
          I have The Borla XS on my Torino and they sound good.
          My daily driver Wagon has glass packs.
          Mustang GT engine with GT 40 HEADS and intakes. It's loud.

Comment

I've had the Borla XS's on my wagon for years, sound good to me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
            1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Working...
            X