‘01 Tune-up, clean MAF and modified airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘01 Tune-up, clean MAF and modified airbox

Well, I finally got over a “stomach bug” from earlier in the week. The car developed an intermittent misfire on cyl #4 at the end of last week and I finally felt good enough to attack it(and some other things).

'85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Good vid. I never trust plug gap from the factory and we just did them on my brother's '03 exploder 4.6. Hilariously i checked all and they were gapped dead nuts where they needed to be. Still though, never take it on faith. Also a common swap with the lower air box is to take the teeny weeny factory snorkel out and glue in a plastic cup. Not as good as the later or PI airboxes but still makes it a bit more throaty. I used a styrofoam one in my '90, lol, spray-painted black of course. Boring stock lo-po you really can't tell the difference in induction noise but the 4.6's are much different.
    Last edited by knucklehead0202; 12-21-2019, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Lol, all these plugs were dead on too! Interesting thought on the plastic cup bit, probably not something I would’ve thought about. As for induction noise, I would say it is precisely 2.1% louder! ��

Without a doubt though, the car is SIGNIFICANTLY smoother at lower engine speeds(compared to before it even developed a misfire). It feels a little spunkier down low too...I’d have to credit most of that to the tune up...maybe a little to cleaning the MAF, but doing both at once prevents me from really knowing.
      '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Working...
      X