Oem seat upholstery swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oem seat upholstery swaps

I’m really enjoying my 02 MGM. New to me and my first one. I have been looking for a graphite drivers seat. I have a couple of split seams on mine. This is a LSE so it’s a bucket seat. My question is are there other years that interchange. Not the seat frame, just the upholstery. I wouldn’t be opposed to replacing both front seats for a match.

'01-'02 would be my thought. I know it got a redesign in '03 but not sure if the seats changed along with that. If they didn't then you can use the '03 and '05 seats to widen your search (there was no '04 LSE IIRC). Good luck. I have an 03 CV LX Sport and finding certain parts for interior is scarce and/or expensive.
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Have you tried getting a quote from a local upholstery shop to replace the bad sections? it may not cost all that much.
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I prefer widening my search with different models and years as opposed to leather repair. I’m ahead of the curve for once, I don’t actually need one yet.

Comment

Any genuine whale LSE/Sport/Marauder should fit the bill. They used the same basic bucket seats.

https://mercurygrandmarquislse.com/ says LSE was 01-03 and 05 model years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Crown_Victoria Crown Vic LX Sport (Sport appearance package for 01) should be 01-06 models.

Marauders are 03/04 only.

However, any whale 98+ and even aeros (92-97) may have the seats swapped in by a PO.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You could contact SMS interior for the exact material. Order a little more than what you need for both seats. Replace the seating surface inserts only if everything else is in good shape. You would have the exact material that is new, and you would not have to wonder how long the used stuff will last. Finding a good upholstery person who will do the job right and for a fair price might be the tricky part. Might be just as expensive as finding an excellent used pair of seats including shipping.

Comment

Working...
            X