Source for 79-89 brake pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for 79-89 brake pad

Both my 89 Wagons brake pedal pads need replacing. I looked on-line and can't find a source for replacements. The E-bay auction below looks like mine, but I can't tell if it will fit. Anybody know? WagonMan
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-66-67-...MAAOSwSoVba3dV
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WagonMan; 12-25-2019, 12:26 PM.
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Master parts manual shows C8SZ-2454-B for 80-89 and C6OZ-2457-B for 87-89. Its a 60s part number so probably the same as every automatic thing used from the mid 60s onward.

for the curious, 80-81 Lincoln is D74Y-2457-A or C8SZ-2454-B. 82-86 Town Car is D74Y-2457-A, 82 is C8SZ-2454-B and 87-89 is C6OZ-2457-B

no I don't know why its listed that way but so far as I know physically they're all the same.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Some of the E-bay listings for the Mustang pads have "DISC BRAKE" molded in them and Stainless trim on the edges, Would be something dressy for our mundane car interiors. WagonMan
      89 Colony Park
      90 Colony Park

Comment

Yep... my car back in 2012

Unsure if the pic will be messed up because of photobucket....

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
        Some of the E-bay listings for the Mustang pads have "DISC BRAKE" molded in them and Stainless trim on the edges, Would be something dressy for our mundane car interiors. WagonMan
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

WagonMan try Doman I have sen break pedal pads sold by Doman that look similar to our cars.

Comment

87gtVIC, pic looks great! Did you find stainless surrounds for all three pedals"? Rodentkiller, I will check for DorMan pads tomorrow. Thanks, WagonMan
            89 Colony Park
            90 Colony Park

Comment

Yes. The brake pedal was easy as it is sold. The parking brake and accelerator pedal ones were junkyard sourced.

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
              87gtVIC, pic looks great! Did you find stainless surrounds for all three pedals"? Rodentkiller, I will check for DorMan pads tomorrow. Thanks, WagonMan
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
              X