Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear seats - seat covers

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows how close the rear seats in the wagons (mine is a 1988) match up to the sedan. I wanted to get a set of seat covers and was figuring out my options. I was given a set of front covers as a Christmas gift and wanted to get some that match for the rear, but the company doesn't explicitly make them for the Colony Park.

Thank you!

You shouldn't have a problem using a sedan seat cover on the wagon. The seat bottom is the same wagon or sedan. The back on the wagon is slightly smaller than a sedan, so you should be able to "hide" the excess material behind the frame work. I actually made a custom rear seat in my wagon, using a sedan cover and using the fold down armrest. WagonMan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WagonMan; 12-27-2019, 12:14 PM.
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Thanks WagonMan!

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_Hound View Post
        Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows how close the rear seats in the wagons (mine is a 1988) match up to the sedan. I wanted to get a set of seat covers and was figuring out my options. I was given a set of front covers as a Christmas gift and wanted to get some that match for the rear, but the company doesn't explicitly make them for the Colony Park.

Thank you!
        Can you share what seat covers you received? Curious about brand, model part number. I can't say finding aftermarket seat covers for these cars is easy especially now-a-days.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Can you share what seat covers you received? Curious about brand, model part number. I can't say finding aftermarket seat covers for these cars is easy especially now-a-days.
          Well, let me slightly amend the statement. My FIL ordered me a set of these: http://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/L...at-Covers.html (all beige), but I will not receive them until the end of next month. The front seats in my CP are a little worse for wear. The second row are acceptable, but if the fronts are going to look new, then I figured that I might look at making the backs look nicer too. He stated that it was the only place that he could find that had a Colony Park as an option, and was the only one that also did covers for the head and rests.

Comment

When you get them in I am eager to see how they fit.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I will be sure to post some pictures.

Comment

Any updates on the seat covers?
                ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Any updates on the seat covers?
                  I haven't received them yet. I will update when I receive them.

Comment

hm, these people have seat covers for my Continental. Would be some $450 for a set. That car's interior is in pretty sad shape. Padding is fine but the leather is f'd. Might be a solution. Of course if the seats come out that makes me look closer at the faded carpet......
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just a heads up, the new ETA for my covers is middle of February.

Comment

Front covers are in the post and should be here later in the week. Will post some unboxing pictures and an install when they arrive.

Comment

I fought the urge yesterday morning to bump up this thread again I hope it works out
                          ~David~

Comment

Tracking for the front seat covers says they will be here Wednesday. I probably will not have a chance to put them on until the weekend. Based on how nice they are, I will order a matching set for the rear seat or state why I do not like them.

Comment

Hi all,

I received them and will still do a review with photos; it just might be a little bit. I am a teacher and we are figuring out school closures.

Comment

Working...
                              X