Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford can’t reprogram my Speedometer. Need solid advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to know. And yeah, tune would solve all the issues in one go. Ask them if they can delete the stuff you don't have connected before you hand over any $$$ though. Some places can't/won't mess with emissions stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That’s good info right there. Thanks. I’ll see what they say, but before Intake it to them I need to fix the trans cooler, because it’s thermostat bypass thing in the cooler is broke and not letting it actually go into the cooler. Any ideas If there’s a “delete” kit for the thermostat on that so it always goes to the cooler?
      sigpic

Comment

Drill the thermostat out. It's basically just a thermostat past the first or second plate. Or replace it with one that doesn't have a thermostat.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

On this one it’s in the bottom of the A/C condenser. There’s a spring loaded thing in the side where the hoses the
          Hook up.
          sigpic

Comment

oh... that one. The worst one. You can still remove the spring, drill holes in the plug, or just don't use it and get an aftermarket cooler to mount up front.

Comment

I'd go that route. Screw that integrated cooler thing. I get the idea of the thermostat, and I don't even mind it, but they don't seem to be all that reliable and not being serviceable is a "screw that" from me.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ya, I have a cooler here I’ll prob install and don’t worry about the stock one at all.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X