EATC problems 2007GMQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EATC problems 2007GMQ

I have been working on this for a while. Heat and cold work well using EATC, but no floor. Only vents that work are Vents and Defrost. I purchased NEW EATC. Seemed to work correctly after installation, but went back to vent and defrost only, during same day. Any Ideas?

New EATC or used? They have O-rings inside that go bad and then the system defaults to defrost. Either way it's certainly something vacuum related. If the unit was used there is a good chance that it has the same problem.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

when you say you installed a new EATC which part are you referring to? and was it really new or was it NOS or new to you?
      I had a similar problem with mine I installed new o rings and removed some of the filter debris from inside and mine has worked great ever since.
      If you installed a NOS part the o rings may have dry rotted on the shelf which may explain why it worked for a short period.
      I guess we need more info to help.
      2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Sorry, New refurbished to me. It never defaulted to defrost. It will switch to vents, but never to floor.

Comment

Since it was refurbished that does not mean it was done correctly or they didn't miss a small crack in the housing, yet since you got a different one than you originally had I would have to guess the vacuum actuator that controls the floor vents may have a hole in the diaphragm . Pull the lower plastic panels and listen for a hissing when you put the controls to floor.
          The only thing that throws me off is that you said it worked once you replaced it. If the diaphragm was leaking a rebuilt EATC wouldn't have effected it.
          2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I will try that.... Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X