Cheap reman p/s pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    I'd like to find a standard cab short bed but I don't think anyone makes one now.
    I have seen two new GMC standard short beds on the dealer lot. The red one looked really sharp with the chrome package, and I don't like GM. I have seen one Dodge which was plain ugly. Ford has the long bed and one that is shorter. Don't know if it the real "short" bed. They are getting hard to find. Must have to special order. From what I understand, resale value on those are in the toilet. That is exactly how I want to buy one. When the market says no one wants them.
    Last edited by Mainemantom; 01-18-2020, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I've seen fleet models in standard cab short bed. Not sure if you can get that on the consumer side though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Just today I saw a new Chevy 1500 standard cab short bed 4wd, v-8. on sale from $35,000 to $31,000 . Next to it was a 2019 Chevy 2500 Crew cab 4wd. on sale for $36,000. Value for the money, no wonder no one wants the standard cabs . I still like the standard cab. I would like to buy one at auction as a lease return or a repo cheap.

Comment

all the dealers around here have them in long bed only. Even GM's website only offers an 8' bed if you want the reg cab. not sure if fleets can get a short bed, or if thats just completely a thing of the past. Mostly I just don't want the wheelbase. It makes them impossible to park.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think I've only seen them in Fords. And maybe only F250. But I know it was fleet only. And probably special order only.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

so to circulate this back up. I installed the pump on the Continental and it works perfectly. I used the Conti's regulator parts. The spring is definitely different. Didn't notice any obvious differences in the other parts but I used the whole group just in case.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X