PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: catalytic converter part #

Default catalytic converter part #

Does anyone know the part #s for the catalytic converters that would fit for my 85 carb 302 without the air tubes, thanks for the help.

All the converters will be fitted with air tubes since that’s how they were stock. That said, you can just cap them off, crimp them shut, or weld them closed. I just used JB Weld on the ends of mine and they haven’t leaked a bit.

Magnaflow offers a direct fit option, No. 23367 (left) and No. 23368 (right).

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (210K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

+1 get the ones that are available and plug/close/weld/glue shut the pipe. I also suggest trimming the pipe so not much is hanging off the body of the cat as I had one that hung low and broke itself off on a tall speed bump. The cat wasn't even touched, just the air injection pipe was welded on a little wrong. Had my cousin weld it back on after we cut off the excess and welded that shut.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Would I be able to use Eastern Catalytic part #30204, and 30205 for my 85, it seems to be my cheapest option, again, thanks for the help.

Those should work as long as you don’t have the heat riser valve thing between the manifold and the exhaust pipe.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers