catalytic converter part #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

catalytic converter part #

Does anyone know the part #s for the catalytic converters that would fit for my 85 carb 302 without the air tubes, thanks for the help.

All the converters will be fitted with air tubes since that’s how they were stock. That said, you can just cap them off, crimp them shut, or weld them closed. I just used JB Weld on the ends of mine and they haven’t leaked a bit.

Magnaflow offers a direct fit option, No. 23367 (left) and No. 23368 (right).

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

+1 get the ones that are available and plug/close/weld/glue shut the pipe. I also suggest trimming the pipe so not much is hanging off the body of the cat as I had one that hung low and broke itself off on a tall speed bump. The cat wasn't even touched, just the air injection pipe was welded on a little wrong. Had my cousin weld it back on after we cut off the excess and welded that shut.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Would I be able to use Eastern Catalytic part #30204, and 30205 for my 85, it seems to be my cheapest option, again, thanks for the help.

Comment

Those should work as long as you don’t have the heat riser valve thing between the manifold and the exhaust pipe.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

What is the function of the air tube beside catch speedbumps?
            90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
            90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
            91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
            70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

Originally posted by stinkydogfilms View Post
              What is the function of the air tube beside catch speedbumps?
              They're supposed to be hooked up to the Thermactor system. The smog pump would inject air into the converters to get them up to operating temperature faster.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
              X