Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinjection/page13.html

self test process. Codes are also listed there. You need the 2 digit list.
    Yeah I've done that, but it doesn't tell how to do the engine running test, unless I'm stupid. I thought maybe the engine on test would shed some light on the obvious misfire at idle and so on.
    As far as I remember I had no KOEO codes after changing the TPS and EGR pos sensor. I didn't do a check after I got it from the mechanic.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

start the engine, then connect the ground to the STI.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        start the engine, then connect the ground to the STI.
        This is exactly what I wanted to know last summer, but it ain't too late even now.
        I won't need a code reader, great!
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
        1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

They are useful, mostly because it gives you a number rather than a blinkenlight code but definitely not a must-have. I picked one up cheap but I didn't have one for years.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just make sure the engine is fully warmed up before running the KOER tests. After it’s warmed up I usually run the engine at 2000 rpm for a minute or two, shut the car off for 10 seconds, restart then begin the test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good point. You will get a fault for the coolant temp sensor if the engine is cold.

Comment

Working...
              X