Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 Town Car 35K miles New Jersey

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/pts...026712595.html
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Looking at that picture makes me remember how gigantic Lincoln barges really are.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I experienced the smoothest and most comfortable ride of my life (so far) in one of these. Just heavenly.
      A friend's dad's car, '75 or '76, Continental Town Car Black Diamond. Had like ~17k original miles. Pretty much brand new all around.
      One thing I remember so vividly, cruising around, we found a Newport cigarette butt in the right rear door ashtray. It had red lipstick on it. Tells a bit about life around the car lol.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-2011063263.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1286449
      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Ah, a '77. The best year of that era in my opinion. Last year for the true Lincoln dashboard.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Could be a nice car. Somehow I get the impression that this car wont be sold cheap. Notice the 55 Chevy in the background.
          460 was sure better than the 400 they offered

Comment

I'd be on board if it t'was a two door. Yeah the 460 was pretty bad so the 400 would probably be akin to putting a 2.3 in a box.

Comment

that was the emissions era strangling. Both of those engines can be made to run very well but they're pretty lame stock.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well, I ain't gonna be changing no heads, intake or cam so short of removing some stuff and advancing the timing, stock it stays for me.

Comment

I added dual exhaust, advanced the timing and removed the smog stuff on my 79 with the 400. It moved along about the same as my stock 89 Townie
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Two of those 335 series I’ve toyed with - a 351M in a Bronco and a 400 in an F250. Both were sufficient for power but nothing to write home about. Both had oil pressure problems by 130-150K. Which I guess was okay at the time since everyone went by the 100K standard for worn out.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yeah, low oil pressure was the norm on those. Mine was pretty bad. Engine light on solid at idle in drive. Verified with gauge.

It ran for what seemed like forever like that and never died. Had no idea how many miles were on it. It was either 180 or could have been 280.

I loved that car and when the time comes for another land yacht I'm honestly torn between a barge or a Panther. I enjoyed both but I've had three Panthers and only one barge.
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                        I loved that car and when the time comes for another land yacht I'm honestly torn between a barge or a Panther. I enjoyed both but I've had three Panthers and only one barge.
                        The biggest issue I have with my barge is finding body parts. Panther stuff is still pretty common but a lot of barge parts are getting really rare. (Luckily it has a 351w/c4 so those parts are pretty common)

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

My dad had the 400 ci in a '71 LTD, last full-power year I think. It also had a 4bbl Edel and basic intake.
                          That thing was very torquey, potent mid range too.
                          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                          1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

'72 was the last year for power, but the reason you see a drop in the reported numbers is the switch from SAE net to SAE Gross or vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                            X