Looking forward to Car Show season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to Car Show season

Recently registered for a judged car show in March and hope to attend about 4 more shows before June. Have lots of experience detailing and prepping for shows. Just don't have a lot of experience with aftermarket wheels. Have been using McGuires ultimate all wheel cleaner and it works great since my wheels have the painted finish on them. All I do is clean and dry. Does anyone wax them? Is it really necessary for the finish?

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

I usually use a spray wax for drying the wheels off after I wash them. It aids in drying while enhancing the surface finish.

Applying a paste wax to wheels will make them pop way more. If you have the time go for it.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
    X