X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which cam?

What do you guys think about this cam?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192529448063

How does it compare to a stock ho cam? I’m looking for a little more pep without upsetting the ecu.

Also I will be running a D9 (I think) 87 mustang gt speed density ecu. Currently it has an ho intake and lincoln logs but I will be running that ecu with 19# injectors, high rev governor, 3.55s and an ho throttle body and spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like it'd be pretty good. Are you running a flat tappet engine though? That's what that cam says it is.

Comment

Its kind of confusing because it says flat tappet hydraulic lifter. I’ve only had one other small block so bear with me but I thought if it said hydraulic it was a roller but I’m probably wrong. I’ll have to get the specs from somewhere else to verify which one it is. Otherwise no I have a roller block.

Comment

hydraulic just means the lifters are not solid. Roller lifters mean it has a wheel. Loads of things had hydraulic flat tappets, and non-hydraulic roller lifters also exist. This looks like a flat tappet cam, which is what engines through 1985 used. Roller cams are made of steel rather than cast iron and the lobes are more of an egg shape than a triangle.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I gotcha it was the wording that got me. Disregard.

Comment

That cam is a pile of junk, and it will not keep SD happy. I know from first hand experience.
            '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Working...
            X