No announcement yet.

My '69 Mercury Montego Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you upgrade to a 9" when you blow up the 8".
    and yeah that stuff reeks
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      The video looks good. That is a sharp paint job ! I have not seen a Montego MX in many years. Very sharp car.
      Thanks ya'll. I love the old girl.
      The old paint on the car is truly brutal. Funny how that old lacquer shines though. I stopped washing it. I wipe it down with that Sprayway window cleaner and go.
      They made 1746 convertibles in '69. I read that number years ago, so it might be off..

I've gotta figure out what's making it break up above 4600. I'm looking for full power clean shifts at 5800.
      It runs strong and then misfires. Kinda like popcorn at full pop. Back to the MSD 6-AL wiring again.
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Funny story from Saturday.
        I'm sitting at a light in the left lane to go straight across and a PA trooper pulls up next to me in the right lane. I look over and he smiles and then twirls his finger like 'spin 'em'.. we both laugh. THEN HE BEEPS HIS HORN 3 TIMES like he wants to run.
        I'm deep in a belly laugh as the light changes.
        He turns right and is gone, I'm wiping tears from my eyes from laughing.
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

She getting fuel? Starving at high RPM could also be a fuel starvation issue....
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
            Funny story from Saturday.
            I'm sitting at a light in the left lane to go straight across and a PA trooper pulls up next to me in the right lane. I look over and he smiles and then twirls his finger like 'spin 'em'.. we both laugh. THEN HE BEEPS HIS HORN 3 TIMES like he wants to run.
            I'm deep in a belly laugh as the light changes.
            He turns right and is gone, I'm wiping tears from my eyes from laughing.
            This is great! Now I do wonder what would have happened if you let her rip?
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
              She getting fuel? Starving at high RPM could also be a fuel starvation issue....
              It's getting lots of fuel. I ensured that with a RobbMc fuel pump and pick-up. Replaced the original 5/16" steel with -6 push-loc PTFE braided hose.
              https://www.robbmcperformance.com/products/ford550.html
              The more I'm reading about the MSD 6-AL being sensitive to alternator noise, the more I think the 3G upgrade I did is making it act weird.
              One fella wrapped his whole charging system in aluminum foil and his stutter went away. I'll screw with it this weekend if I can. My Dad isn't well, and my time is there right now.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
              This is great! Now I do wonder what would have happened if you let her rip?
              I dunno.. I'm sure it woulda cost me because people would have seen the smoke.. LOL
              I live near Numidia raceway and a couple years ago there was a trooper that had a 95-98 (?) P-71 over there beating people up in the brackets.
              Maybe it was him.?
              All FORD All The Time

Comment

Well, just as no cost troubleshooting option, check the float bowls? Maybe they're on the low side... Karl Childers would check the simplest things first...
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

You have me thinking about fuel.
                  I've even been thinking my plugs are too open. (.047) with an MSD blaster II coil and 6-AL box.
                  I haven't double checked the rev limiter, so I guess I'll start there.. LOL...
                  All FORD All The Time

Comment

Wait......don't they claim you can open the gap to .060? LOL

I just gapped all of mine to .045 and was done with it. Also put the 6000rpm pill in the box and left it like that. Might up it to 6500rpm after break-in.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                      Wait......don't they claim you can open the gap to .060? LOL

I just gapped all of mine to .045 and was done with it. Also put the 6000rpm pill in the box and left it like that. Might up it to 6500rpm after break-in.
                      Exactly. I was debating going to .055 until this malarkey popped up. I'll get her sorted out and then we'll find the maximum gappage.
                      I don't have the pill box. I've got the newer rotating dial switch box. We shall see.
                      I'm still suspecting the 3G is making 'noise' when It gets spun-up.
                      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                      X